*3* NuNew Chawarin

I was nervous, I guess that's normal

I was nervous, I guess that's normal. This was the first such serious casting awaited me. In addition, I was applying for the lead role, my friends said that the role of the young master Kuea Keerati, who was hiding under the stage name Kirin, suits me perfectly. I decided to take a risk. Cow and Mel kept repeating what a great opportunity this was for me and that I had to do my best. I had great friends who supported me, they could point out my mistakes to me, they usually took me for walks, to the cinema or to some restaurant. Only they could convince me to do so. Although they also called me a nerd.

I was counting on the fact that besides myself there would be many other equally good candidates, and therefore I prepared as best I could. I rehearsed the role with my friends who were a great blessing to me. While I sat at home learning my lines by heart, they brought me food and made sure I slept for a minimum amount of hours. I was a bit worried about not letting me study 24 hours a day, but I was really grateful to them. I don't know how I would have managed without them. Melanie and Cow escorted me right to the door of the building and wished me good luck.

At the end Mel corrected my hair one more time, her fingers lifted the corners of my mouth up, making me smile.

- A smile is the key, you have to make a good first impression, you have to dazzle them and show that this role is made for you - She instructed me.

- We already have to go to class, write as soon as you're done, okay? - Cow asked.

Cow was only a month younger than I was, but he was much taller and very handsome, and the girls looked back a lot, and he was aware of that. Melanie was tiny, slender, even shorter than me, though not much, and had the habit of having colored highlights in her loose hair. This time, she chose purple and green, which was the reason for her little argument with Cow, who thought it looked quite childish.

_Okay, okay, go ahead. And thanks - I chased them out.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes for a moment to calm myself down.

I felt a lot of pressure. My friends were counting on me to succeed, and I wanted it myself. Playing in movies or TV series has always been my dream, since I was a child I liked performing and singing. I loved it so much that my mother signed me up for extra singing and dancing lessons. I did not lack courage and performing in front of the audience was not that much of a problem. What seemed worse was how important the rank of this performance was: it's an audition for the lead role. I've been waiting for this moment for so long ... I was afraid that I would do something wrong, that I would forget something or it would turn out that they were looking for someone completely different.

- It's just a BL series, nothing like that. - Cow tried to downplay the casting, but Mel always thwarted his efforts.

- BL series only ?! Can you hear yourself ?! It's something more, you'll see it's going to be a hit, remember my words! - Mel said to Cow with anger.