*41* Perth

(Our detective, P'Mark, I made him a bit older in this fiction but personally he's one of my fav characters here)

★   ★    ★

I shouldn't have told Ohm about my suspicions about Boun. I didn't anticipate his reaction, I didn't believe that someone like him would be able to take revenge.

Mark was able to determine almost immediately that Boun and Prem were connected to Fluke's death.  Ohm wanted to know everything, so I told him.  I didn't consider him suspicious, so I didn't hide anything from him.  It ended up in my slightly belated pursuit of Ohm, who had caught up with Boun in his own house.  I didn't have time to tell him that the police had found evidence that Boun and Prem had nothing to do with Fluke's death, they had been framed, I guessed, by P'Sky and his men.

Whatever I did, it was too late.  It's too late to stop Ohm, blinded by his desire for revenge.  Ohm wanted to avenge his beloved.  That's why he'd been so calm before.  He didn't say a word about what he was going to do.  Before he was out of sight, I had time to register a strange black shape that looked disturbingly like a small pistol that he had hidden under his black waistcoat at the back, probably wedged in the waistband of his trousers.  I ran after him as fast as I could.  During the filming of our series, I had to go to the gym, so running a few hundred meters from a nearby hotel, where I parked my car, to the house where Boun lives, didn't tire me one bit.  I figured my body was used to the effort.

Unfortunately, I arrived too late.

I knew I would feel guilty for the rest of my life, I knew I would feel guilty about Boun's death because I was the one who told Ohm.  And I could keep quiet!  I could have waited for the police to get Boun!  Mark claimed the evidence was strong enough to convict him.  Perhaps it would also be an opportunity to press him on the P'Sky case.  I had a nagging gut feeling that P'Sky had a hand in this, or worse, was responsible for Fluke's death himself, only making it look like the work of a jealous Boun's privileges and honors.  By the time P'Mark sent me a message that confirmed my suspicions, it was too late to do anything, another innocent man lost his life.  The BL industry has become darker than ever before.  So far, our biggest problems have been: Bright's alcoholism, Singto's fears and panic attacks, or Gun's drug addiction, which no one except his closest friends and associates knew about, or an attempt to hide the real relationship between the actors, but never before have two people died in 36 hours... Two completely innocent actors.  There were some strange disappearances, for example, we didn't know where the hell went Poy Kristanapong, who appeared at our casting, went with us to Italy, but never came back.  Pond claimed that Poy had found some better prospects there, but no one had even spoken to him since!  Only Pond and Cooper could know what was really going on with Poy, but neither of them uttered a word about it.

Our series slowly began to be called "cursed", and we could only wonder and guess blindly who would be the next target.

—  Ohm!  What the fuck are you doing here? —  I screamed and immediately knocked the gun out of his hand.  On the floor in front of us, in a strange, unnatural position, lay the lifeless body of Thai, with his hair dyed light blonde, and still recognizable as Boun.  Ohm was shaking like he was shivering.  I didn't have time to comfort him now.  I just almost witnessed him shoot someone.  It didn't matter what his motives were.  My first impulse was to grab the gun, wipe the fingerprints off it with a colorful floral T-shirt picked up from the floor, then shoved Ohm out the door and started dragging him to the car.  He didn't resist.  He was in shock.  Adrenaline and pre-trained reflexes worked for me.  Mark was a great teacher, he never gave up and some habits got into my blood so much that my muscle memory kicked in.  I looked everywhere, luckily I didn't see the surveillance cameras anywhere.  I slowly made my way to lead Ohm to my car parked nearby.  I put my arm around him, forcing him to move forward.  In the meantime, I called Annie.  I opened the passenger door for him, sat him down, then took my seat and started the engine.