*16* Zee Pruk

Three months later...

*  *  *

– New! —  I called as I entered the kitchen.  I just got my groceries and was about to unpack them.  Nu entered the room a moment later, phone in hand.  - What are you doing?

— I'm reading that story we're supposed to play —  He replied calmly, showing me the screen of his phone.

– And?  What do you think about it?  — I wanted to know why I stopped placing my purchases.

— It's brilliant!  — He exclaimed, waving his arms.  He was clearly happy and excited.  The proposal to join the casting came to us completely unexpectedly like a bolt from the blue, but it was a gift from fate for us.

— Seriously?

— Yes!  Did you know that the main characters will fight demons and save the world?!  Great, right?  I want to get the lead role, I want to play Pierre! —  He walked over to the table and started unpacking my bags.  One of them contained his favorite macaroons.  — P'Zee,  you remembered that I like them!

— Of course I remembered. — I winked at him, smirking mischievously.  — I remember everything about you.

— Hia Zee Pruk... — He chuckled.

He was so sweet!  I went over and pinched his cute cheek lightly to make sure he was really there, that he was real, that I wasn't imagining him, or that it wasn't just a dream.  Even if it was a dream, I wouldn't want to wake up from it.  Because if I woke up from such a beautiful dream, I would try my best to go back to sleep and dream again about my beautiful prince charming who came into my life like a knight on a white horse and saved me.  There was no exaggeration in this statement.  For me, Nu was the knight, the warrior who saved me, helped me find the real me.  I will never repay him fully for that.  I love him, now I know it for sure, P'Zee loves NuNew.

Outside, the weather was almost unbearable as usual this time of year.  It was steamy and stuffy, the air was filled with an amazing scent of flowers.  I was glad it was our days off to spend in the pool at the back of the house.  I dreamed of changing my clothes and jumping into the cool water.  Nu, meanwhile, kept talking about our new project that we both wanted to be involved in.  The offer was extremely tempting and could make us recognizable also in Europe, which seemed so distant to us, as if it was behind a glass wall: we saw it, but we couldn't get to it.

I smiled at his excitement.

– So, as I understand it, you want to meet the author of this fanfiction?

—  Yes!  He or she must be a very interesting person.  And it's not at all like our beloved Cutie Pie, and I thought there would be something similar.

— Well... I have to worry you a bit about that.

-— What?  Why?

—  The script can be very different from the original text, and the director and producer themselves may want to make some changes.  It may end up not being anything like the original.  Who knows, maybe they'll want to turn it into something more, you know, ours, Thai, homely, something that our audience understands better.

The smile disappeared from his face and I immediately regretted my words.  I only said that so he wouldn't get his expectations too high, I didn't want to make him sad.  I left my half-unpacked bag on the table and walked over to him.  He was sitting on a chair by the table, giving up eating his macaroons, so it was easy for me to wrap my arms around him from behind and hug him.  He pursed his lips, clearly showing me that he was offended at me.