*4* Zee Pruk

I was supposed to help select the cast, but I wasn't allowed to go out and sit down with the rest of the people who were to choose the actors who would play with me in the new series, so I placed my chair at an angle that would allow me to see the...

I was supposed to help select the cast, but I wasn't allowed to go out and sit down with the rest of the people who were to choose the actors who would play with me in the new series, so I placed my chair at an angle that would allow me to see the entire room in which they were taking place.  I was hiding from the candidates' eyes behind a rather thick, dark blue curtain.  There was a screen in front of me on which I could take a close look at each candidate.  I put the laptop on my lap, using it as a pad for the white sheets of paper I was going to take notes on.  Next to it, there was a small, square, but rather low table, on which I placed two bottles of the sponsor's drink (such a habit that even when I don't record anything, I have products from sponsors with me, even if no one but me can use them in  view) and files with candidates' applications.

I wanted Max next to me at all costs, we had known each other for some time and I could safely call him my best friend.  I was also aware that if Max would be in cast, then Nat with him, because separating them made no sense, since they could bring the greatest benefits to the whole team by playing together.  There was only the question of the role of the second main character: Kuea Keerati, Kirin.  We needed someone who could be cute, funny and gentle and serious in one moment, and in the next scene transformed into a young man with a claw, who loves fast motorcycles and cars, is passionate about Formula 1 and someone who can sing at the same time.  It would be good to find someone similar to Natasitt, preferably his age and just as cute.  I would have liked to assign it to him myself, but I'm pretty sure Max wouldn't like it.  He is quite possessive and can be scary if he gets jealous.  As for me, I don't know that feeling, I don't even remember the last time I was in love or how I felt then.  It must have been a long time.  Since then, I have devoted myself entirely to my work.

More actors entered the room and left, but none of them showed anything special, some couldn't even remember their lines, others were capable but seemed too haughty and arrogant.  We needed someone with a lot of confidence, but not a narcissist.  I was slowly starting to lose hope that we would find someone like that.  Our requirements were quite high.  No wonder, at least this time we wanted to be successful.

With each successive candidate, I became more and more desperate, which reached the bottom of the moment when I realized that I had already drunk drinks from both bottles I had taken with me.

—Shit —  I rubbed my hands over my tired eyes.  It was getting late and I was getting hungry.

And then, quite unexpectedly, I heard that voice.  I looked up to see a young boy with his forehead hidden under a thick, not very evenly trimmed fringe of dark, almost black hair.  He sang the song that Kirin would perform on the show.  That voice ... He got my attention, I had to write it down for him.  I looked at the piece of information about him: Chawarin, his name was Chawarin, but he preferred to be called "New". He interested me. When I looked at him, I could tell by his eyes that he was completely lost in his role,  devoted to that one moment and he wasn't afraid to recreate the scene in front of the audience. I didn't have to think long, my only choice could have been one: I want him. I want him to play with me. Something weird was happening with my heart and I didn't know what it was. Suddenly this stupid heart skipped a beat just to start beating louder and faster second later.