*6* Zee Pruk

I was reviewing the script while lying comfortably in my bed at home.  Outside the window, the rain broke out, the branches of a nearby, large tree shuffled menacingly against the wall, and the rain ran down the glass in tiny rivulets, as if the sky was weeping over my fate.  There was someone cute, gentle, funny, charming again in my life, and I felt the same anxiety and fear that it would end badly again.  I didn't want it to be the same again, I didn't want to feel the same pain again when I couldn't even leave the room to talk to anyone.  Maybe someone could say it's just a broken heart, but I lost a friend to whom I entrusted all my secrets, told him about every problem, always looked for advice and support from him.

And then he did something that I still don't understand today.  We keep following each other on Instagram and sometimes pictures of it flash before my eyes, and then memories come back.  I don't know what he really was, I don't know if he was cheating on me or was he just pretending to be my friend?  Was he that calculating and ruthless?  He didn't look like that, I thought I got to know him well and that I know enough about him ...

— No, I won't think about it now!  — I ordered myself and my eyes fell on the screen of the phone, on which I had a photo with Chawarin, my new stage partner set up as wallpaper.  P'Sky told us to set up our shared photos as wallpapers.  I didn't mind, after all, New looked like a cute, lovable kitten that everyone wants to pet, cuddle and kiss.  He made me want to go beyond my comfort zone, overcome all obstacles just to be somewhere around him.  He had not only a beautiful voice, but also a great approach to other people, he was always polite, treated everyone with respect and immediately managed to make friends with Nat, which, contrary to appearances, is not so easy, because Nat is stubborn, sometimes  loud, noisy, full of him everywhere, loves to spend time mostly with Max and always complains that I, Papa Zee, don't care for him enough.

New never seemed lost for a moment when I looked at him, I had the impression that he was born to become a great artist, had the makings of a world-famous star, and at the same time remained modest.  He respected everyone, was kind to everyone, he was able to find a common topic for conversation with everyone, he easily made new contacts and although he himself claimed that he had no talent for singing, but is only doing it because he enjoyed it, I had my own  opinion.  His voice was able to move a tender chord in my soul.  I was sure he would go far, he would get a lot of devoted fans, and I wanted to be somewhere nearby to be able to watch him.  I was curious about his fate.  Maybe one day I will have the honor to give an interview in which I will proudly say that I introduced him to the world of the entertainment industry, that he practiced with me for his first major role.

I put the pages aside, unable to concentrate, jumped a bit clumsily from the sheets and went to the window.  There was little to see outside.  Several round lamps projecting an orange light onto the area illuminated the way to the exit gate.  I thought I heard a distant cat meowing, but where would a cat be in such a downpour?  Anyways I decided to check it out.  I didn't care that I was only wearing light, satin, navy blue pajamas.  I grabbed an umbrella hanging on a hanger just outside the entrance to the corridor and went outside to the back of the building.  The meowing became clearer.  I stood motionless for a moment, listening to locate the source of the sound.  It seemed to come to the right, from under a large wooden bench placed just below an old, sprawling plane tree that may have been 200 years old and around which everything else was designed.  I went there with a small black flashlight on and I saw two small, glowing, or rather reflecting points.  I bent down, put the flashlight aside and with my free hand reached in front of me, only a moment later to pull out a small, ginger kitten.

—Poor boy, how did you get here? — I asked, wishing he could answer me.

I didn't want to leave him outside in this weather, he was too scared and soaked.  I took it home carefully.