*5* NuNew

There was a short break between casting and trying on for the first photo session before recording our series, which I spent on the next preparation for the role.  Actually, I was a bit surprised to get it.  I have always liked to sing, dance and perform in front of others, I had no problem with that.  I also liked posing for photos and taking on various challenges.  The slightest obstacle was that I was sometimes clumsy.

I don't know if I was more stressed about the first official photoshoot and first introduction meeting with everyone working on the show, or if I was more excited and impatient to be on set and start shooting.

I felt as if something new, unknown and exciting was waiting for me just around the corner.  I kept telling myself it was just work, that I wasn't waiting for everyone to show up, especially that one fair-skinned, dark-haired hunk.  I kept repeating to myself that I was waiting for Nat, with whom I had a brotherly bond from the very beginning.  I had no idea why I was nervous or why I was impatient.  Every now and then I looked at the phone screen.

It's cruel how slowly time has passed, and even more so that I probably came much too early.

But I wanted to be here.  It was my first big project, the first series where I was going to play alongside other very famous artists.  When the full cast was announced, I noticed as many as five familiar nicknames: Zee, Max, Nat, Boun, and Prem.  I already knew each of them from the screen.  Boun and Prem were going to make a guest appearance, I didn't know what role yet, but they will definitely be there.  This was mainly due to the fact that they also had other responsibilities and little time to do, but they were very anxious to participate.

Today we had our first photo session and costumes fitting in front of us.

I was given the lead role, NuKuea Kiirati, who was a rebel who wanted to be himself, but at the same time was ready to pretend to be an obedient, polite boy in front of Hia Lian.  I liked the character from the very first moment I read the script, although I didn't quite identify with him.  First of all, I wasn't a rebel, and I didn't think it was a good idea to pretend to be someone else just to gain approval in the eyes of a loved one.  Melanie would often laugh at me for not understanding love, and then tease me that it was probably because I've never been in love.

I was offended by her guesses, but quietly had to admit she was right.  Although it irritated me that she knew me that well.

— Why are you staring at that phone?  Are you waiting for a message from your girlfriend? —  Nat's unexpected voice in front of me almost made me jump in my chair.

— Oh!  Nat!  Why are you scaring me?  — I asked reproachfully, placing my hand on my chest and trying to calm my frightened heart.

—I didn't mean to scare you, but I saw you staring at your phone as if you were waiting for something. So what?  Answer me.  Are you waiting for a message from a girl?

— Nope.  I don't have a girlfriend, and between us, they don't interest me that way.

I wasn't afraid to tell him that, I had a feeling that we were identical in this respect.  You just know these things.  Even more so when I looked at his relationship with Max, it was definitely much more than just Phi-Nong, much more than just friends or even very close friends.  Besides, they didn't hide too much about it, although it's not that they bragged about it to everyone.  No, they were just very casual, they had no qualms about showing each other a bit of affection, and I could conclude that they had been together for a while.  They didn't look embarrassed when someone caught them doing some rather personal, almost intimate gesture.

— Papa Zee will be pleased when tell him that — He said with a smile that seemed a little suspicious to me.

— Papa Zee?  — I asked.  — What does he have to do with it?