*26* Tutor Koraphat

When Mark called us, I didn't think it would be so serious

When Mark called us, I didn't think it would be so serious.  He just said he needed to meet us immediately.  In a hurry, we canceled all plans for the rest of the evening, in the series I was supposed to play in to watch over Kaownah, I pretended I was sick, so they gave me two days off to get myself together.  It was weird, it's usually hard to ask for an hour off!  I met Yim at the entrance to the hotel on the main street, where Mark had arranged to meet us.  He was hiding under a black umbrella, on which raindrops flowed in tiny streams.  All around us, people were in a hurry to seek shelter, hiding their heads under makeshift coverings such as sweatshirts, thin jackets and shopping bags.  It took me a full 15 minutes to get there and I was angry at myself for taking so long.  I usually cover the same route in a maximum of 8 minutes.  It means I need to practice it again because I'm starting to get out of shape.

— Do you know what it might be? —   Yim asked me.

— I don't know, but it must be something important, or he wouldn't get us out of important meetings — I replied, and we both took out our gun passes at the same time in case we were stopped, but the porter, who knew us well, only  nodded his head to us and let us pass.

We quickly rushed to the top floor, to a little-used conference room.  Mark was already there waiting with his laptop on the table in front of him and a mug of Starbucks coffee.  Mark rarely drinks coffee, and if he does, he's facing a major investigation and a lot of paperwork.  If only he didn't drive us to it, neither me nor Yim are very good at it, we can play different characters, we're just two actors who met on the set of the BL series "Cutie Pie", no one knows  our true identity.  Well, except for Max, Nat, New and Zee, but they need to know.  We can only hope they don't tell anyone.  I can count on New because I know that he takes things like security very seriously, but I'm a little worried about Zee, he almost screwed up once, almost revealing that  Saint, in whom fans and the label saw his lover and partner, is actually  hetero.  Oh what a messed up thing!  In other countries, LGBT people have to pretend they're straight, here they pretend to be gay, although if they really were gay, they wouldn't get a damn role as an excuse, and you can use the excuse that other actors would feel uncomfortable in the company of such a person.  What nonsense!  The guys in a few hours will board a plane and fly to Italy.  We went to that casting mainly to accompany and protect them.  The funniest thing is that our job is... To be conspicuous!  What an irony!

— Do you have any idea why I called you here? — Mark asked us a question without any introduction or greeting.  It awakened the spy part of me.  I could already smell the mysteries, the riddles we were meant to solve.  I loved adventures, I loved adrenaline and fear.  Yes, I liked being scared and I liked solving new cases.  Not only was I an actor and a bodyguard, I was also a private investigator and that was my most important job, acting, like faking a relationship with my best friend, was just a cover.

Mark was older than us by at least 15 years, although his exact age is unknown, he looked even younger.  We heard he brought Perth Nakhun all the way from Australia.  What for?  We didn't know that.  It was said that it was about some family problems Perth, but Perth himself did not say a word about it.