Chapter 24

"I did it Edward! I replicated yours and Carlisle's gift! Mom! I did it!" I yelled excitedly.
"That's great honey!" Mom cheered. I smiled and focused on Edward's thoughts.
'This worked! Great job Aubri!' He cheered mentally.
"Now, how do I turn it off?" I asked. Little did we know, I was officially stuck a mind reader forever.

"Alice, what did you see?" I asked her worriedly. She looked at me sadly.
"Edward finds someone new. Very soon. I'm so sorry Aubri!" She whispered sadly.
"It's not your fault. I did already have my two. Edward must have been a fluke." I told her reassuringly. I frowned still.

"You know I can't help it." He told me.
"I know. You have a happy life." I responded. Bella looked over at us and glared at me. She didn't seem all to friendly.

"What is your problem? Why do you try and hurt me?" I asked Bella.
"Because you are trying to get with my boyfriend! He is mine! Get your tiny-ass brain to wrap around that concept. He doesn't love you and he never did!" She said forcefully. I looked at her, hurt and shocked.
"Why would you say that? I haven't tried to get with Edward for a while now! He is my brother! It's not my fault that our relationship wasn't ruined because of you!" I responded with a glare. Bella looked at me with a smirk.
"But this will." She grinned as she cut her arm. I ignored the blood, but she held it under my nose. Soon, my self-control started to waver. I turned to run when she grabbed my shirt. I almost bit her when Edward's body collided with mine.

I woke up to a human Loki in my recliner holding a book. I raised an eyebrow at him and stretched my arms over my head.
"How much did you see?" I asked him
"A decent amount. You projected the dream to nearly everyone here, so I put up a shield around your room." He said, vanishing the book.
"Interesting. Now, do you mind? I need to change." I told him. He stood up, and flopped onto my bed face down. He covered his head with a pillow and gave me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes.
"Out of my room!" I giggled. When he didn't move, I grabbed clothes and changed in my bathroom. "You know, I should be able to change in my own room without having to go into the bathroom." I scolded. Loki was back to reading his book, however. I picked it up, and threw it across the room.
He smirked at me and tackled me onto the bed. His raven hair tickled my cheek and I swept it out of the way and stared into his eyes.
"I missed you. That much I remember." I told him. He smiled softly.
"I'm sorry for lying to you. I figured you would be better without me." He whispered. I rolled my eyes.
"How could anyone be better without you? You are smart, magical, and a freaking walking lie detector!" I teased.
"So, that's all I'm good for?" He teased back. I smirked.
"You might be able to convince me otherwise."

We might have gotten caught.

"So, why have we gathered here today?" Tony asked everyone. I rolled my eyes.
"Tony, I'm eighty-five years old. I'm a far cry from a virgin. Do I need to remind you that I was married for forty years? Besides, it's not like we were doing it." I argued.
"No, but you were making out. While taking off articles of clothing." Tony huffed. Loki blushed.
"This is my fault. I bothered her first. She shouldn't be punished." He told everyone.
"Why should she or you be punished? We are all soulmated to the same woman. We need to get used to the fact that she has needs. Just because she didn't choose you first, you shouldn't throw a fit Tony." Steve lectured the group. Bucky laughed out loud at this. Tony glared at both super soldiers and stomped out. Clint rubbed his eyes and tried to finish waking up.
"I'll be mad about this later." He decided aloud and went to find coffee. I giggled and looked at Thor. He looked disgruntled and out of it as well.
"I'll make breakfast for everyone!" I called out. Loki smiled and gave me a quick peck on my lips. The elevator opened and Peter walked in. My tail bushed up in agitation. He looked at me, then walked into the kitchen.
"What is up with Peter. Why does he smell different?" I whispered.
"Later." He told me.

I made breakfast when they got the announcement.
"We have someone who wishes to speak with Aubri." Friday and Jarvis announced.
"Both A.I's. Must be important." Tony stated. We walked to the front desk and saw a vampire with very pale skin. Everyone was immediately on guard. Except me. He seemed kind and my vague memories didn't show me anything bad.
"Aubri, I come bearing apologies and news." He greeted kindly.
"Yeah, well, she doesn't remember you, and I recommend leaving while you still have your head. Or other limbs." Loki threatened. He frowned at me in confusion. He held out his hand and seemed to ask for mine. I carefully placed mine in his and he shared memories with me. He showed me Caius kidnapping me, r@ping me, and forcing me to kill. I jerked my hand away at the rushing memories and blacked out.

Loki's P.O.V

That man was dead.