Chapter 32

Aubri's P.O.V.

"So, this is different than Nessie because I can see them." Carlisle said, looking at the ultrasound screen. I couldn't make out the back and white blobs, so I gave up. 

"So, what are we looking for exactly?" Frigga asked, inspecting the screen.

"I was checking venom levels for the babies' safety. We didn't know Aubri could get pregnant. We don't think Renesmee, one of our coven who is a half-vampire, will get her period. This is a brand-new case for everyone in the vampire world." Carlisle explained.

"Is Nessie here?" I asked as they started cleaning me up. 

"Yes, she is. Why?" He asked looking at me.

"I have some questions I want to ask her. It's about when she uses her vampiric abilities." I explained, pulling my hair out of its ponytail. We walked to the common room together where Nessie was sitting with Jacob. 

"Hey Aubri. Is everything alright?" Edward asked, standing up and assessing the damage. 

"Yeah, everything is alright. I actually had a few questions for Renesmee." I said, looking at Bella to see if it was alright. She was glaring at me and I glared back.

"Yeah. What's up Aunt Aubri?" Nessie said, sliding over on the couch so there was enough room for me. I sat next to her and realized that my questions might not work.

"Nessie, do you have vampiric abilities other than your telepathy?" I asked. "Like, speed, strength, sight, smell, hearing, and sparkling?"

"Yeah? I'm not as fast, strong, or anything else as Mom and Dad, but more than a regular human. I also have a faint glow in the sun. Why?" She asked. 

"After you use the gifts, do your senses heighten and everything becomes too loud, or too bright, or do you smell everything and it gives you a splitting headache?" I asked her.

"No. I feel normal. I can't do anything for as long as everybody else, but I don't get headaches after using the gifts. Why? Is that going to happen to me someday?" She asked, panicking.

"No, I don't think so. That's all I needed. I appreciate your help." I said, hugging her.

"No problem. I just don't understand why you are asking." She said, looking at her mom. 

"Okay, now back away from my daughter." Bella growled quietly. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay. You will be fine. Jacob isn't even freaking out. It is okay." I said, backing away carefully. Loki teleported next to me and stood protectively at my side. 

"Are you alright?" He asked, kissing my forehead. 

"Yeah, everything is fine. Overprotective vampire mother over here and being an all-around bitch." I said, glaring at Bella. She stood up and left the room.  Edward looked at me apologetically and followed her. Jacob and Nessie followed after him.

"Damn," Pietro said, running behind me. "Who peed in her cheerios?" 

"Oh, how I would love to tell Edward that his mate got me kidnapped. But alas, I love my family too much." I said dramatically.  Pietro and Loki looked at me in horror.

"I'll be right back." Pietro said, speeding out of the room. Loki stopped him before he could get out the door. "But I was only going to push her down some stairs!" He whined.

"No. We will be smart about this. Operation mischief and chaos. I'll be mischief and you be chaos just like we planned. FRIDAY, would you please announce to the team that mischief and chaos have arrived and plan to stay, please?" Loki said, holding his hand up for a high five.

"WHO THE HELL PISSED OFF LOKI AND PIETRO?" Tony yelled, running out of the elevator in a panic. "I promise if it was me, I am so sorry! Please don't draw on the inside of my Iron Man helmets again!" 

"It wasn't you." Pietro said, glaring at the magical barrier between him and where he knew Bella was. "It was Aubri's sister-in-law. I will murder her." 

"No, don't murder her!" I said. "Please, Nessie needs her mother."

"Okay, why are we not letting Pietro murder Aubri's sister-in-law and why are we mischiefing and chaosing her?" Tony asked as more and more team members filed in.

"Okay, I am confused. What is Operation Mischief and Chaos? Why is everybody freaking out about it?" I asked, looking at everybody.

"Loki and Pietro were left alone in a room for too long and created a plan where they gaslight someone till they scream or prank them to no end. It's only happened once to Tony. They drew on the inside of his iron man helmets and made him believe he was a jerk to everyone. It was kinda funny." Nat explained while Tony flushed in embarrassment. 

"Bella got Aubri kidnapped." Pietro said, glaring at everyone now. I facepalmed.

"Way to tell everyone." I said with as much sarcasm as possible. They were all staring at me in shock. "Well, she had a fair point. I was a block in her relationship with Edward, and vampires are extremely territorial. I must've been a threat and she also tried to save her daughter. So, she turned me in to the Volturi. If my family doesn't know about it, then they don't need to know about it. Bella is Edward's mate."

"So, she went and got you kidnapped?" Nat asked, glaring at the magical barrier as well. 

"Guys, I'm fine!" I insisted, attempting to distract them. "Please, just do the whole mischief and chaos, but please no physical harm and no murdering." 

"Okay, we won't. How can we help?" Clint said, standing next to a hologram of the plan. I rolled my eyes and sat back on the couch. Nat sat next to me and snuggled close. I fell asleep to the soothing voices of my soulmates.