Chapter 3

After a while, Boy Blue walked away as his cow Bessie was mooing at him, telling him that the other toys are still gathering around for the staff meeting.

" Come on, come on. Smaller toys up front." Slinky Dog told all of the other toys in the room. A bull dog egg toy let out four other egg toys.

" Hey, Woody, Sylvia, come on." Slinky Dog called out to the sheriff and princess who then walked over to the podium before Woody stood in front and Sylvia stood on the right next to him. To Woody's left, a toy tape recorder named Mike waddled up next to the sheriff and indicated his microphone. Woody grabbed the mic and said " Oh, thanks Mike."

Woody turned to the crowd of toys and as soon as he said " Okay..." the sound of feedback was going off real loudly which caused Sylvia to cover her ears as she was trying to block out the sound.

" Whoa, whoa. Step back." Woody told Mike and the feedback was still making noise.

" For crying out loud." Hamm said to himself as he was annoyed with the sound. Mike waddled back a step to stop the feedback and Woody said " There you go. Thank you." He then blew into the mic to check if it was working properly and said through it " Hello? Check. That better? Great. Everybody hear me? Up on the shelf, can you hear me? Great!"

After checking if the mic was working, the sheriff began to announce " Okay. First item today: Uh...oh yeah. Has everyone picked a moving buddy?"

As a response, the other toys except for Sylvia moaned as they could not believe their ears and Rex exclaimed " What?!"

" Moving buddy?! You can't be serious!" Hamm exclaimed in shock as well as he couldn't believe that Woody reminded everyone that they needed a moving buddy.

" I didn't know we were supposed to have one already." Rex said.

Mr. Potato Head waved his arm and jokingly asked " Do we have to hold hands?" As a response, the other toys laughed and snickered at Mr. Potato Head's sarcastic question. Slinky, Boy Blue and Bessie on the other hand were not amused at what Mr. Potato Head said.

" All right, everyone, that's enough!" Sylvia said out loud to the toys as she was trying to get them to be quiet.

" Oh yeah, you guys think this is a big joke. We've only got one week left before the move. I don't want any toys left behind. A moving buddy. If you don't have one, get one!" Woody announced through the mic before he checked the doodle pad and then said " Alright, next. Uh, oh yes. Tuesday night's plastic corrosion awareness meeting was, I think, a big success. And we want to thank Mr. Spell for putting that on for us, Thank you, Mr. Spell." As a response, the words spelled " You're welcome" scrolled across Mr. Spell's display screen as he spoke up " You're welcome."

" Okay. Uh, oh yes. One, uh, minor note here." Woody said before he stopped for a minute and then said under his breath " Andy's birthday party has been moved today." He stopped again before he said in a full voice " Uh, next we have..." He then got cut off by the toys panicking along with Rex exclaiming " What?! What do you mean the party's today? His birthday's not till next week!"

" What's going on down there?! Is his mother losing her marbles?!" Hamm questioned as he was also freaked out by the fact that Andy's birthday party was moved to today.

" Look, I know this is all a big shock to you guys. Heck Woody and I were shocked by all of this too, but obviously, Andy's mother wanted to have the party before the move!" Princess Sylvia told everyone out loud.

" Sylvia's right. She and I aren't worried so you shouldn't be worried." Woody told everyone out loud through the microphone.

" Of course, Woody & Sylvia ain't worried. Woody's been Andy's favorite since kindergarten. And Sylvia's been Andy's other favorite since the year before that." Mr. Potato Head commented.

" Hey, hey. Come on, Potato Head. If Woody & Sylvia say it's alright, then, well darn it, it's good enough for me." Slinky Dog spoke up while Mr. Potato Head took off his mouth and used it to kiss his own butt making Mr. Spell laugh.

" I'm with Slinky. Besides Woody & Sylvia aren't the type of toys who would lie to us about things like this if they weren't true." Boy Blue spoke up to Mr. Potato Head who just rolled his eyes in response.

" Boy Blue's right, Woody & Sylvia have never steered us wrong before." Slinky Dog chimed in.

" Come on, guys. Every Christmas and birthday, we go through this." Woody announced.

" But what if Andy gets another dinosaur, a mean one? I just don't think I could take that kind of rejection!" Rex panicked.

" Hey, listen, no one's getting replaced. This is Andy we're talking about." Woody said as Sylvia nodded her head yes in agreement. The sheriff stepped down from the podium and walked towards the crowd saying " It doesn't matter how much we're played with."

The mic stopped stretching so Mike stepped closer to Woody before he continued " What matters is that we're here for Andy when he needs us. That's what we're made for, right?" As a response, the other toys looked down sheepish.

" Pardon me. I hate to break up the staff meeting but..." Hamm stopped himself before he screamed " THEY'RE HERE!!" The other toys looked up at the piggy bank startled before Hamm yelled out  " Birthday guests at three o'clock!"

" Stay calm everyone!" Woody tried to tell the other toys but it was too late since they were already panicking before they stampeded over Woody and Sylvia just so they can head towards the bedroom window to look outside leaving Woody and Sylvia alone with Lenny the binoculars.

" Uh, meeting adjourned." Woody said to Lenny while Sylvia scratched her head a bit nervously.