Chapter 26

As Woody congratulated the mutant toys for randomly coming out of the ground and from other areas, Sylvia jumped off the grill and down to the ground before she went to Woody, tapped him on the shoulder and asked " Um, Sheriff, do you think Sid's gonna be alright after this?" Woody looked at her confused before she said " I mean, even though Sid is a psychopath that dismantles toys for his own pleasure, he's still a kid who still has a lot to learn. He's not the only kid that plays roughly with his toys."

" Don't worry about Sid. At least he now learned how to take good care of toys. But you are right though, Sid isn't the only kid on earth who does that." Woody told the princess.

" Woody. Sylvia." Buzz called out before the toy cowboy and princess doll turned to Buzz who was still affixed to Sid's launchpad. Buzz extended his hand to Woody and Sylvia.

" Thanks." Buzz thanked them as the three of them shared a smile as Woody shook Buzz's hand before it was Sylvia's turn to shake Buzz's hand as the three of them became best friends.

When the three of them heard a car horn, they turned to see Andy and his family getting into the car along with Mrs. Davis saying " Everybody, say 'Bye house.'"

" Guys! The van!" Buzz exclaimed.

" Bye, house." Andy's voice can be heard saying in a depressed voice.

" Let's go!" Sylvia instructed as Woody quickly hoisted Buzz off the pole he was attached to before the trio made a run for it.

" We gotta go, thanks guys!" Woody told the mutant toys as he and Sylvia waved goodbye to them while sprinting towards the fence despite the rocket still stuck to Buzz's back. Woody peeked out to see Mrs. Davis' van engine roaring and starting up.

" Quick!" Woody instructed before he and Sylvia slipped through the slats of the fence, but Buzz's rocket got him stuck. As Woody & Sylvia climbed to the rear bumper of the van, they looked back to see that Buzz was stuck o the fence.

" Just go! I'll catch up!" Buzz called out to them. Both Woody & Sylvia looked at each other before looking in between Buzz and the van before they nodded to each other in agreement as they made a decision. They jumped down and ran back to Buzz so that they can help him.

As the van began to pull out of the driveway, Woody & Sylvia tugged on the loosened slat and broke Buzz free from the fence. The three toys ran out to the street but the van was already driving away down the street. All of a sudden, they heard rumbling coming from behind them. The trio looked back to see the moving truck rolling towards them, causing them to let out a small scream before ducking their heads to avoid getting hit as the truck rolled over them. After it passed by, Woody, Sylvia & Buzz got up along with Buzz exclaiming " Come on!"

The three toys began to run after the moving truck unaware of a certain someone watching them do so from the front porch of Sid's house. Buzz ran faster than Woody & Sylvia and leaped for the strap that was dangling from the back of the truck and grabbed it to climb up to the bumper. Sylvia caught up before she jumped up and grabbed the strap before climbing to the bumper as well. As for Woody, he struggled to reach the strap but it kept going out of reach.

" You can do it, Woody!" Buzz encourage the cowboy.

" Yeah, you got this, Sheriff!" Sylvia encouraged Woody as well. Woody jumped up and grabbed the strap before he said " Whew, I made it!"

Both Buzz and Sylvia gasped in horror as all three toys saw Scud running towards them along with Woody screaming as Scud bit him on the foot.

" Get away, you stupid dog! Down! Down!" Woody yelled at Scud while kicking him with his other foot.

As Scud began to drag Woody to the end of the strap, Sylvia took out her sword and tried swinging it around Scud as a way of trying to get the dog to let go of Woody while screaming " GET AWAY FROM MY FRIEND, YOU SCARY MUTT!!" She tried as hard as she could to get Scud to set Woody free but it was no use.

" Hold on, Woody!" Buzz called out to him as Woody tried desperately to hold on but he felt like it was no use.

" I can't do it! Take care of Andy for me!" Woody told Buzz in a strained tone of voice.

" No!" Buzz exclaimed before he jumped off the truck and onto Scud's snot. Sylvia watched with wide eyes as Buzz pulled Scud's eyelids and snapped them real hard to the point the dog started yelling the pain while letting go of Woody in the process. Scud was barking wildly as Buzz was still on him.

" Buzz!" Woody & Sylvia cried out with worry as they were both shocked that Buzz actually saved Woody's life.