Chapter 25

(Time skip)
As Scud was outside the room, poised to strike anything that comes out, Woody began to tell Sylvia and the mutant toys the plan on how to rescue Buzz.

" All right, listen up. I need pump boy here." Woody instructed the car with four hands who then walked towards the cowboy doll and princess doll.

Woody then pointed the pencil at the toy duck with a PEZ dispenser atop a baby doll torso with a plunger base and instructed " Ducky here." He then called out " Legs?" Just like that, the fishing rod with doll's legs stepped forward and Woody told it " You're with Ducky." Woody then turned to the other toys and instructed " Rollerbob, Sylvia and I don't till we get the signal. Clear?" As a response, the mutant toys nodded in agreement before Woody instructed " OK. Let's move!"

With that, the mutant toys split up to do their job. Scud barked as he heard all the commotion. Legs, Ducky, Mark and Bucky opened the face plate off a heating grate and they ran inside the duct. They went down the duct and found a intersection. Ducky saw the right tunnel before he quacked to Legs, Mark and Bucky to follow him and they went right down the tunnel.

Meanwhile, Woody and Sylvia hopped onto a skateboard with a soldier's upper torso tied to the front named Rollerbob.

" Wind the frog." Woody instructed the toy car with two hands & feet who then started to wind up a frog with wheels instead of feet.

Meanwhile, Ducky, Legs, Mark and Bucky moved towards a junction box in front of them. Hand-in-the-box (AKA a jack-in-the-box with a monster hand glove) grabbed the doorknob. Ducky and Legs lifted the loose junction box which was attached to the porch lit up into the rafters. Ducky stuck his head out of the hole to see if the coast was clear.

In Sid's room, Woody instructed Sylvia and the toys to wait for Ducky to give them the signal. It took them a second to wait before they heard the doorbell ring signaling the other mutant toys, Woody, and Sylvia to open the door.

" Go!" Woody instructed as the Hand-in-the-Box opened the door and the car with the hands let go of the frog in wheels. As soon as they sped out of the room and heard Scud barking, Woody instructed " Alright, let's go. Now!"

Woody and Sylvia held on tight as RollerBob used his arms to move his skateboard, Woody, Sylvia and the other mutant toys out of the room.

After that, they flew down the stairs, through the kitchen and towards the dog door in front of them.

" Lean back!" Woody instructed before he & Sylvia held on even tighter as the mutant toys pushed back which caused RollerBob to do a wheelie and they flew through the dog door and catapult into the bushes. They peeled out of the bushes to see Buzz still standing inanimate strapped to the launchpad.

As Sid was still doing voice impressions of Houston and an astronaut, Woody & Sylvia looked to see that Legs, Ducky, Frog, Mark and Bucky into the yard from a drain pipe before Woody and Ducky exchanged a thumbs up.

" Let's go." Woody instructed before he and Sylvia went over to Buzz while the mutant toys spread out to their positions.

" Hey, mom?! Where are the matches?!" Sid called out to his mom before he ended up finding them and he called out " Nevermind!"

As Woody & Sylvia ran over to the strapped up space toy, Buzz saw them and excitedly whispered " Woody! Sylvia! Great! Help me out of this thing." Both Woody & Sylvia shushed him and he got confused and whispered " What?!"

" It's OK. Everything's under control." Woody whispered to Buzz before he and Sylvia plopped down to the floor as they were going into toy mode.

" Guys, what're you doing?!" Buzz exclaimed in a loud whisper as he still didn't understand what was happening.

As Buzz saw Sid come out of his toolshed, he froze as Sid did an astronaut impression saying " Houston, all systems are go. Requesting permission to launch..." Sid cut himself off as he spotted Woody & Sylvia laying on the ground.

" Hey, how'd you two get out here?" Sid asked as he picked up both Woody & Sylvia and looked at them for a minute.

" Oh well, the three of us can have a cookout later." Sid said as he put Woody & Sylvia on a barbecue grill before he chuckled and put a match in Woody's holster then turned back to Buzz so that he can proceed with his plan to blow him up.

" Houston, do we have permission to launch?" Sid asked pretending to be the astronaut before he stimulated static and said " Uh, Roger, permission granted. You are confirmed at T minus 10 seconds..." The mutant toys scrambled to their hiding places as Sid lit up a match and said " ...and counting. Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! One!"

Before Sid used the match to light up the fuse, he heard a voice from behind him say " Reach for the sky!" Much to his confusion, he turned his towards the barbecue grill from where Woody & Sylvia were currently laying at to find out that the noise was coming from Woody and asked " Huh?"

" This town ain't big enough for the two of us." Woody's voicebox continued to talk as Sid walked over to the grill in confusion before he picked Woody up from it.

" Somebody's poisoned the waterhole!" Woody's voicebox exclaimed as Sid cringed at the toy cowboy and he said " It's busted." But as soon as Sid was about to throw the sheriff doll away, Woody's voicebox said " Who're you callin' busted, Buster?!"  Sid froze in shock when he heard so he looked at Woody before looking at his pull string to see that it wasn't moving, much to Sid's horror.

" That's right. I'm talking to YOU, Sid Phillips!" Woody's voice box said before Sid frightfully turned Woody around in utter confusion.

" We don't like being blown up, Sid, or smashed, or blown into parts." Woody got his voice box to say.

" W-W-W-We?!" Sid stuttered out as he started freaking out. Woody then got his voice box to respond " That's right. Your toys." With that, a red haired began to rise up from the sandbox along with a pick up emerging from the sandbox with her. Buzz unfroze himself and watched in amazement. Mud-covered soldiers rose up from some puddles and they began to move towards Sid who backed up in fright.

The alien toy that got chewed up by Scud, appeared from under a dog bowl and started to join in on the fun. As Sid continued to back away, Legs lowered BabyFace down onto Sid's head, making him scream in terror.

Hand-in-the-Box grabbed Sid by the ankle of his feet and RollerBob and Janie approached him. Sid then turned to the barbecue grill and to his horror, he saw Sylvia now standing on top the grill, glaring up at him. She took out her sword and said " So, I'm some type of useless cowardly doll, huh? Well, I'll have you know that I'm not just some princess. I'm a warrior."

Sid felt like he was about cry as he saw himself surrounded by his own toys and Woody's voice box said " From now on, you must take good care of your toys. Because if you don't, we'll find out, Sid." Suddenly to Sid's horror, Woody's head turned inanimately as his voice box finished " We toys can see everything." Woody suddenly started to move and he said in his regular voice " So play nice." Sid screamed in horror before he dropped Woody and ran back into the house.

" Ha-ha! We did it! We did it! Yes!"Woody cheered on along with the mutant toys as Sylvia smiled.