Chapter 5

After a while of feeling relieved of not getting replaced, the toys heard the baby monitor turn back on before they heard Sarge's voice say " Come in, Mother Bird! Come in, Mother Bird! Mom has pulled a surprise present from the closet. Andy's opening it. He's really excited about this one."

The toys were completely surprised when they heard that before they heard Sarge's voice say " It's a huge package."

As the toys waited for an answer, Mr. Potato Head put his hand to his head and to his eyes while Woody & Sylvia looked at each other anxiously.

" It's a...." Sarge managed to say through the baby monitor but before he could finish his sentence on what he saw, Rex was anxious to know what the present was, to the point he questioned " It's a what? What is it?!" With that, he shook the lamp table which caused the baby monitor to fall to the floor and the batteries popped out of it.

" Oh no!" Rex cried out as he saw how he stupidly knocked down the baby monitor by accident.

" Oh, ya big lizard! Now we'll never know what it is!" Mr. Potato Head scolded the toy dinosaur before he went to the baby monitor to try and fix it.

" Way to go, Rex!" Hamm snapped at Rex as well.

" No, turn them around! Turn them around!" Woody exclaimed as he was trying to tell Mr. Potato Head how to put the batteries inside the baby monitor correctly. Hamm shoved Mr. Potato Head to the side so that HE can try to put the batteries in the baby monitor correctly but he wasn't any better either as he tried to move both of the batteries forward.

" Um Hamm, you're not doing it right!" Sylvia called out to the piggy bank.

" Plus is positive, minus is negative!" Woody yelled angrily but Hamm didn't listen so the sheriff sighed and exclaimed " Oh, let me!" With that, Woody jumped down from the bed and shoved Hamm to the side to put the batteries back in the baby monitor the right way with Sylvia watching from on top of the bed. They were all unaware of Andy and his friends rushing upstairs to where they were.

As soon as Woody managed to put the batteries back inside the baby monitor, he lifted up and listened as they all heard Sarge's voice yell out " Juvenile intrusion! Repeat, resume your positions now!"

" Andy's coming everybody! Back to your places! Hurry!" Woody yelled out which made Sylvia gasp before she went back to where the pillow of the bed was and laid down lifelessly.

Meanwhile, the other toys hurried in position with Hamm repeatedly yelling " Get to your places! Get to your places!"

" Where's my ear? Who's seen my ear?! Did you see my ear?!" Mr. Potato Head worriedly questioned as he was desperately trying to find his left ear.

" Out of my way! Here I come! Here I come!" Rex yelled out as he bumped into a bin and fell over. Lenny the binoculars walked to the shelves. After a while, they all went to toy mode.

Woody flopped down on the bed right next to Sylvia as Andy & his friends bursted in and began to play space rangers.

" Hey, look, it's lasers light up." One of Andy's friend commented on whatever toy he was talking about.

" Take that, Zurg!" Andy exclaimed playfully.

" Quick, make a space. This is where the spaceship lands." Andy's other friend said as he pushed Woody from his spot and he fell to the floor while Sylvia was pushed to the left side so that the boy can put a spaceship box on the right side of the bed next to her.

After a minute of playing, the boys heard Andy's mom's voice call out from downstairs " Come on down, guys! Time for games!" Just like that, the boys hurried out of the room and shut the door which caused a toy named Rocky Gibraltar to fall down.

After that, Sylvia sat straight up and looked to her right to see that the spaceship box was opened. When she looked in front of it, she was completely astonished to see a Buzz Lightyear action figure standing right in front of the box which caused the princess to mouth out the words " Oh my gosh."

Sylvia crawled over to the right side of the bed to look for Woody. She then saw the other toys come out of their toy mode positions and they walked towards the bed.

" What is it?" Slinky Dog asked the other toys.

" Can you see it?" Bo Peep questioned the other toys as she wanted to know what toy was with Woody and Princess Sylvia.

" What the heck is up there?" Slinky Dog questioned again.

" I'm wondering the same thing myself." Boy Blue responded.

" Woody! Sylvia! Who's up there with ya?" Rex questioned out loud but they didn't know Woody wasn't with Sylvia on the bed.

" Guys, you are not gonna believe what I'm about to show you!" Sylvia told them as she was happily excited at what was on Andy's bed. Before she can answer Rex's question, the toys heard Woody cough as they saw him crawl under the bed and then emerged from it which the toys were shocked by.

" Woody? What are you doing under the bed?" Slinky Dog asked the sheriff doll.

" Uh, nothin'. Uh, nothin'. I'm sure Andy was just a little excited, that's all. Too much cake and ice cream, I suppose. It's just a mistake." Woody assured the other toys.

" Well, that mistake is sitting in your spot, Woody." Mr. Potato Head jokingly stated before he began to chuckle which made Sylvia glare down at him a bit. Rex gasped and frightfully asked " Have you been replaced?!"

" Hey, what did I tell you earlier? No one is getting replaced. Now, let's all be polite and give whatever it is up there a nice, big Andy's room welcome." Woody told the other toys.

" That's good to hear, Woody because there's this really cool awesome toy up here that I think you'll find interesting." Sylvia told the sheriff doll with an excited tone of voice which surprised Woody and he responded " Oh, okay?"