Chapter 22

The room was filled with silence for a little while as Woody and Sylvia saw how nice and friendly the mutant toys were but before Woody can say anything, Sylvia told him " Woody, let me handle this." She then turned to the mutant toys and said " Hey guys. Look, I'm really sorry about my friend. It's just that since you guys are mutant, he and Buzz thought you were gonna try to eat us." As a response, the mutant toys looked at each other completely surprised before they looked at Woody and Buzz like they were crazy for thinking that they would eat other toys.

" So none of you were trying to hurt us." Sylvia said to the mutant toys before she asked " Were you?" The mutant toys shook their heads no in response to Sylvia's question.

" That's good to know." Sylvia said before she asked them " So do you guys think you can help the three of us get out of Sid's house so that we can get back to Andy's house safely so that we'll let our friends know that Buzz is alive?"

Before the mutant toys can respond, they immediately started retreating to the dark shadows of Sid's room and Woody asked " Hey! No, no, wait! What's wrong?" They both heard Sid's mom's voice from outside the door along with Sid yelling " Not now, mom! I'm busy!"

" Sid!!!" Both Woody and Sylvia exclaimed together in fright. They both tried to pick up the still depressed Buzz, but he just went limp.

" Buzz! C'mon, get up! Use your legs!" Woody forced the upset space toy as he and Sylvia tried dragging Buzz to the table but the progress was very slow.

" Fine. Let Sid trash you. But don't blame me!" Woody snapped before he grabbed Sylvia by the hand and they both left Buzz sitting alone in the middle of the floor and they both went under a milk crate. After that, Sid bursted into the room while carrying a box and exclaimed " It came! It finally came!" The boy went over to his workbench and ripped open the package before he reverently said " The big one." As soon as he said that, Sid pulled out a big rocket which had the words " The big one" written on the side of it. He then read the label which said " Extremely dangerous. Keep out of reach for children." Sid looked at the label in amazement and said " COOL..."

The boy looked around the room and asked himself " What am I gonna blow? Man...hey, where's that wimpy cowboy doll and that useless cowardly princess doll?" From inside the milk crate, Sylvia looked very angry when she heard Sid call her useless and cowardly.

Sid then spotted the milk crate on the floor and picked it up not knowing that Woody & Sylvia hid themselves on the underside of it. Sid stepped on Buzz's laser and it beeped. He looked down at Buzz and said " Yes! I've always wanted to put a spaceman into orbit. Ha-ha."

Much to Woody and Sylvia's horror, Sid strapped Buzz to the rocket and put a toolbox on the milf crate. Before Sid could do anything, he saw that it was raining outside and he whined " Oh no!" The boy went to the window before he complained " Aw, man!" He then sullenly smacked his head against the window since it was raining.

Both Woody & Sylvia breathed a sigh of relief as they saw that Sid couldn't do anything outside in the rain. They both saw Sid pretending to be a Newscaster and he said " Sid Phillips reporting. Launch of the shuttle has been delayed to adverse weather conditions at the launch site. Tomorrow's forecast..." He smacked Buzz on the desk before he winded up his alarm clock and said " Sunny." He then started laughing before he put his clock down at said " Sweet dreams."

(Meanwhile at Andy's house)
Back in his room, Andy was awake in his bed as he was still upset about the fact that Woody, Sylvia and Buzz were still missing.

" I looked everywhere, honey, but all I could find was your hat." Ms. Davis told her son.

" But what if we leave them behind?" Andy asked his mom with worry in a groggy tone of voice.

" Oh don't worry, honey, I'm sure we'll find Woody, Sylvia and Buzz before we leave tomorrow." Ms. Davis gently reminded her son before she kissed him and turned off the light. As soon as she left the room, Boy Blue & Bessie who were right next to the box, woke up to see that Andy fell asleep before giving him sad looks on their faces.

" Oh Woody, Sylvia, Buzz, where are you? Andy misses you three and... so do I? Especially you, Sylvia. You mean the whole world to me and I love you." Boy Blue thought to himself as he was extremely depressed about Sylvia still not back at Andy's house yet along with Woody and Buzz. He then looked down at the floor all upset along with Bessie laying her head gently on his lap.

Both Boy Blue and Bessie were suddenly interrupted by a muffled scream coming from inside the box that they were sitting against. They both jumped back as they saw Rex popping out of the box letting out a small scream of relief before he started coughing. Mr. Potato Head got up from the box and snapped " Will you quit moving around?!"

" I'm sorry. It's just that I get so nervous before I travel." Rex apologized too the angry Mr. Potato Head who got irritated and quietly snapped " How did I get stuck with you as a moving buddy?!" He went back inside the box with Rex following before Rex said " But everyone else was picked." As soon as they got back inside the box, Boy Blue and Bessie turned to see Bo Peep walking towards Andy's bed and she watched as Andy slept while clutching his cowboy hat.

" Oh Woody, if only you can see how much Andy misses you and Sylvia." Bo Peep quietly sighed in sadness.

" He knows." Boy Blue assured her as he and Bessie stood up before they walked closer to Bo Peep.

" Oh Boy Blue, how do you know that?" Bo Peep softly asked him sadly.

" Well, I know for a fact that Sylvia wouldn't defend Woody if he actually did murder Buzz. Also despite the fact that he was jealous, Woody wouldn't go as far as to kill another toy." Boy Blue explained to Bo Peep.

After hearing what Boy Blue said, the porcelain doll thought for a bit and asked " So you're saying that Woody and Sylvia were telling the truth about Buzz being alive but he just broke his arm from falling down?" Boy Blue nodded his head yes as a response.

" Oh, I never thought of it that way." Bo Peep said softly as she realized that the Boy Blue was right.