Chapter 8

A montage began as Andy was playing with Woody while bouncing up & down on the bed before he jumped off. He played with Woody in the air then put him in front of a box with the word BANK written on it. Andy brought Buzz in before he pressed the laser button and pretended to shoot Woody and then pushed him over with his hand. He then ran to the wardrobe and changed into his space pajamas before he wore a cardboard box helmet and space wings like Buzz and ran out the room yelling " Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!"

Woody woke up from toy mode and was devastated at the fact that Andy pushed him over. Much to his shock, he saw that the posters changed from cowboys to space man. Heck, even the bedsheets on Andy's bed changed to space man with a picture of Buzz Lightyear on it.

Sylvia saw that Rex was trying to roar but no surprise, he can only make ah noises. Buzz lifted his head up before he urged the toy dinosaur and Rex let out a big loud roar which blew Mr. Potato Head's parts off much to Sylvia's surprise. She then smiled as she saw Buzz shake Rex's hand as a way of congratulating him.

Later, Woody & Sylvia met up with Etch who had a picture of Buzz drawn on his screen. Both the sheriff and princess looked over at Buzz who was combing a doll's hair with a comb.

Woody angrily lifted Etch and shook him up & down to get the picture off which caused Sylvia to grab Woody by the hips as she was trying to stop him.

All the toys were lifting up weights though some of them were struggling like Rex and Snake. Buzz was using Robot's treads as a treadmill. Mr. Potato Head tried to lift the weights but his arms came off and he fell over.

Sylvia was helping Woody look for Slinky as the sheriff wanted to play chess with Slinky. However when he and Sylvia found the slinky dog helping Robot move Buzz's cardboard spaceship onto cubes so that Buzz can fix it from underneath, Sylvia was startled as Woody angrily kicked the checker board and one red disk bounced off the drawer and ended up in his mouth.

On Andy's bed, Buzz was scratching Slinky's chin which made his tail wag and it hit Woody many times. Annoyed, the cowboy doll pushed Slinky's butt off the bed, which carried Slinky with him.

After a while, Sylvia walked over to Buzz who was ' repairing his spaceship' and asked " Hey, Buzz? Can I talk to you for a second?" As a response, the space toy rolled himself out from underneath his cardboard spaceship, stood up and said " Sure, miss."

" Well the thing is, I have a huge crush on a certain toy that happens to kind, caring, smart and handsome." Princess Sylvia told the spaceman.

" And who's that toy you have a crush on?" Buzz asked her.

" Woody." Princess Sylvia responded which made Buzz look at her with wide eyes and asked " You mean that cowboy that said I couldn't fly?!" Sylvia smiled & blushed before nodded her head yes.

" I mean I know he seems very off right now but he's a very nice guy once you get to know him." Sylvia assured the space toy.

" I guess." Buzz muttered to himself as he wasn't sure whether to believe her or not before asking " So how come you never told him how you feel?"

" I was going to, but then I saw that he has a thing for Bo Peep and that's what stopped me from doing so. That's why I'm asking you if it's fine for me to still love him even though he may already have a girlfriend." Sylvia told Buzz.

" Well princess, I'm not exactly the type of guy to give good advice to others about romantic love but I will say this, it's your choice whether you still love him, or just let him go." Buzz told the princess who then responded nervously " Oh okay." The princess then turned around and walked before she looked back and said " Nice talking to ya."

She then saw Woody who just gave her a deadpanned look and asked " What were you doing?" Sylvia raised a brow at Woody and said " Woody, we were just talking." As a response, the sheriff just glared at Buzz and muttered the words " Uh huh, sure you were."

As soon as Buzz was gonna go back to repairing his cardboard spaceship, he saw Boy Blue and his cow Bessie approach him and the wooden puppet asked " Um, Mr. Lightyear? Can I talk to you about something?"

" Okay then. But make it quick because I gotta fix my spaceship." Buzz told the wooden puppet.

" Well, the thing is I have a crush on someone but I'm not sure she'll ever like me back." Boy Blue told the space toy.

" And who's your crush?" Buzz asked him.

" Sylvia." Boy Blue responded which made Buzz look at him shocked. First, he finds out that Sylvia has a crush on Woody and now he finds out that Boy Blue has a crush on Sylvia?

" You mean that princess that just spoke to me four seconds ago." Buzz asked the wooden puppet who then blushed and nodded his head yes.

" Well, yes. I mean, she's beautiful, kind, caring, feisty and she really knows how to fight back." Boy Blue described about Sylvia.

" And you never told her how you felt?" Buzz asked him.

" I wanted to but when I saw she had a thing for Woody, I stopped. I mean, Sylvia's my best friend so what type of friend would I be to tell her to get over her crush? I'm not exactly the harsh type." Boy Blue told the space toy.

" Well kid, I don't know what to say you. But you do have a choice on whether to tell Sylvia or not about how you feel." Buzz told the wooden puppet who then said " Alright then."

After Boy Blue and Bessie both walked away, Buzz went back to fixing his cardboard spaceship.

( Later.)
At night, Andy was putting all his toys away in the toy chest before he came to Woody, Sylvia & Buzz and he looked at them to decide which to sleep with.

That same night, Andy chose to sleep with Buzz. Woody watched sadly from the toy chest as he thought that Andy didn't love him anymore. Sylvia opened her eyes to notice Woody was still at the lid of the toy box before she stood right next to him.

" Come on Woody, just try to get some sleep." Sylvia whispered to the depressed cowboy who then sighed in sadness as a response.

" Look Woody, I know it's tough for you to not get played with by Andy as much anymore, but you have to remember that it's not about being the favorite toy, it's about being there for Andy no matter what. Okay?" Sylvia softly reminded him before he sighed in sadness again then he closed the lid before they both went to sleep.