Chapter 24

After hearing what Woody and Sylvia said, Buzz looked up at them surprised and thought about it while his eyes shifted with wonder. He lifted his boot and looked at Andy's name written on it which was still visible through the scuff marks and dirt. As he ran his fingers through the sole of his feet, he understood that being a toy is all about bringing joy and happiness to a kid.

Buzz looked at Woody and Sylvia determination before he walked towards them and asked " You two did say that a toy's purpose is about being there for your kid, right?" Both Sylvia and Woody looked at Buzz before they responded together " Yes."

Both the sheriff and the princess looked to see Buzz climbing up at the top of the milk crate, towards the toolbox and said " Then we should get out of here. There's a kid over there in that house who needs us. Now time to get you two out of that crate."

" Yes, sir!" Woody and Sylvia saluted the two of them pushed the milk crate while Buzz pushed the toolbox but the crate was too slow.

" Come on, guys. We can do it!" Woody told them in a strained tone of voice as he, Sylvia and Buzz tried really hard to push the crate and the toolbox with all their might. As the three toys continued straining, they heard a rumble noise coming from outside.

They looked out the window to see the moving van arriving outside Andy's house along with Buzz saying " Woody! Sylvia! It's the moving fan."

" We've got to get out of here...NOW." Woody reminded his friends as Buzz braced himself for the toolbox and the wall. Buzz used his legs to push the toolbox and it started to move.

Both Woody and Sylvia saw that with every shove Buzz gave to the toolbox, the milk crate began to edge out on the lip of the desk.

" C'mon, Buzz." Woody encouraged the space toy as Sylvia chimed in " You can do it." Finally, there was a gap wide enough for Woody and Sylvia to jump through and they exclaimed " Alright!"

They both dropped down to the floor below and Woody said " Hey! Buzz! We're out!" Buzz didn't hear them as he was still pushing the toolbox and milk crate farther out and he grunted " Almost there."

Seeing the milk crate and toolbox toppling towards them, Sylvia gasped and yelled in loud whisper " Woody, look out!" She yanked him out of the way as the toolbox fell down to the floor creating a loud thud. Both Woody & Sylvia immediately turned around at the bed to make sure the noise didn't wake up Sid but luckily he was still asleep.

" I wanna ride the pony." Sid muttered as he was still sleeping. Both of them breathed a sigh of relief before they saw Buzz peeking down at them and he asked " Woody? Sylvia? Are you two alright?!"

" Yeah, I'm okay, thanks to Sylvia." Woody told Buzz as the princess nodded her head in agreement and she said " Yeah, we're doing just fine."

Suddenly as soon as Sid's alarm clock rang, Woody and Sylvia took cover underneath the toolbox while Buzz froze into toy mode. The alarm clock fell off the desk and onto the floor with a crash. Sid sat up groggily for a second before his eyes widened as he remembered his evil plan to blow Buzz up with the rocket and said " Oh yeah!"

" Time for lift off!" Sid exclaimed with excitement as he jumped out of bed, grabbed Buzz and bolted out of his room before he exclaimed " To Infinity and Beyond!" Both Woody & Sylvia ran towards the door and caught it just in time before it closed. The problem was that as soon as they opened the door, they saw Scud running towards them.

" Aaah! Back! Back! Down! Down!" Woody yelled as he and Sylvia quickly slammed the door on the dog.

" Oh great, that stupid dog is out there! What're we gonna do now?!" Sylvia worriedly asked Woody as he was trying to think of an idea. The two toys looked around and as soon they the mutant toys, Woody called out " Guys!"

The mutant toys nervously walked towards the sheriff and princess since Sylvia did convince them that she, Woody and Buzz are very friendly toys who just wanna get out of Sid's house as soon as possible.

" Alright listen up. There is a good toy down there that's gonna get blown to bits in a few moments and Sylvia & I gotta save him but we won't do it without your help." Woody told the mutant toys but they seemed very hesitant about doing so because they didn't want to get themselves hurt.

" Look guys, I know it's really scary and it's very risky but Buzz is the only friend we have left since our other friends at Andy's house are still holding a grudge against Woody for the window incident. And they're not gonna stop holding that grudge until we rescue Buzz and take him back to Andy's house so that the others will know that he's alive and that Woody didn't kill him. So please, we're begging you to help us." Sylvia begged the scared mutant toys.

" Yeah guys, Buzz is the only friend we have left." Woody sighed in sadness.

The mutant toys looked at each other confused on whether they should help out before they changed minds and looked at Woody & Sylvia then nodded their heads in agreement as in saying that they want to help out.

" That's good to know." Sylvia said as she and Woody were happy that they actually have other toys that can help them rescue Buzz from exploding.

" Okay, I think I know what to do. We're going to break a few rules, but if it works, it'll help everybody." Woody told Sylvia and the mutant toys.