Chapter 9

The next morning, Woody opened the lid and looked from side to side before he fully opened it.

" Finally!" Woody grunted before Sylvia climbed up to the lid towards Woody before she said " Morning Woody."

" Morning, Sylvia." Woody sighed before he felt his head to find out his hat was missing before he asked " Hey, who's got my hat?" Suddenly, Mr. Shark popped up with Woody's hat on his head and said " Look, I'm Woody. Howdy, howdy, howdy." Sylvia felt like cracking up in laughter when the shark was pretending to be the sheriff with the hat on. Woody sarcastically laughed before he took the hat from the shark and said " Gimme that!"

Woody and Sylvia both jumped out of the toy box to notice Buzz having a conversation with Slinky Dog, Rex, Boy Blue and Bessie.

" Say there, Lizard, Stretchy dog, Boy in blue clothes and cow, let me show you something. It looks as though I've been accepted into your culture. Your chief, Andy inscribed his name on me." Buzz said as he lifted his boot to show Andy's name written on it.

" Wow." Rex, Slinky Dog and Boy Blue said altogether in amazement while Bessie mooed in amazement as well.

" With permanent ink too!" Rex commented. Woody shook in anger even more as he saw that Buzz had Andy's name written on the bottom of his boot too.

" Well I must get back to repairing my ship." Buzz told the toy dinosaur, stretchy dog and wooden puppets.

After watching what happened, Sylvia noticed Woody lifting up his boot to look at Andy's name written on it before she put her hand on Woody's left shoulder as a way of comforting him. Sylvia let go of Woody as they both heard Bo Peep's voice say " Don't let it get to you Woody." As a response, the cowboy doll turned to the porcelain doll and stuttered " Uh, let what? I don't, uh.... What do you mean? Who?"

" I know Andy's excited about Buzz. But you know, he'll always have a special place for you." Bo Peep assured Woody as Sylvia nodded her head in agreement with what Bo said.

" Yeah, like the attic." Mr. Potato Head chuckled while walking by which caused Sylvia to glare at him a bit.

" All right, that's it!" Woody snapped before he marched over to Buzz with Sylvia following as she was trying to stop him.

(Meanwhile)
" Hmm. Unidirectional bonding strip." Buzz told Robot who then turned to the Snake and said " Mr. Lightyear wants more tape." With that, Snake used his tape to get the end of the tape and pulled it. Buzz was humming as he worked underneath his cardboard spaceship on a skateboard before he suddenly got pulled out by Woody.

" Listen, Light Snack, You stay away from Andy. He's mine, and no one is taking him away from me." Woody angrily ordered Buzz.

" Woody stop this!" Sylvia snapped which caused the sheriff to look at her and say " Stay out of this Sylvia!"

" What are you talking about?" Buzz questioned the angry cowboy rag doll before he turned to Robot and asked " Where's that bonding strip?!" He rolled underneath his ship before Woody pulled him back again.

" And another thing: Stop with this spaceman thing! It's getting on my nerves!" Woody snapped in anger and annoyance. As a response, Buzz stood up and asked " Are you saying you wanna lodge a complaint with Star Command?"

" Oh-ho, OK! Ooh, well, so you wanna do it the hard way, huh?" Woody said as he punched his hand ready for a fight which made Sylvia facepalm in annoyance and frustration.

" Don't even think about it, cowboy." Buzz firmly told the angry sheriff in anger.

" Oh yeah, tough guy!" Woody exclaimed before he opened Buzz's helmet which made Buzz gasp and choke as he crotched down and held Woody's leg to support himself. Both
Woody & Sylvia looked at each other stone faced as they knew that Buzz was overreacting to this whole breathing for air thing. Then Buzz stopped and sniffed around to realize that he can breath in Andy's room and muttered to himself " The air isn't toxic."

Buzz then stood up, looked at Woody in the eyes and scolded " How dare you open a spaceman's helmet on an uncharted planet! My eyeballs could've been sucked from their sockets!" He then put his helmet back on. Sylvia was gonna say something but Woody got her off by questioning the space toy " You actually think you're the Buzz Lightyear?" He then started to laugh and exclaimed " Oh, all this time, I thought it was an act!" Woody turned to Sylvia and the other toys and sarcastically called out " Hey, guys, look! It's the real Buzz Lightyear!"

" You're mocking me, aren't you?" Buzz questioned the rude cowboy doll as he was not amused by Woody's behavior.

" Oh no, no. No, no, no, no, no." Woody responded as he was trying to deny the whole thing before he looked behind Buzz and exclaimed " Buzz, look, an alien!"

" Where?!" Buzz yelled in fright while looking behind him. Woody then started laughing before he fell down to the floor with Buzz and Sylvia looking at each other not amused with Boy Blue & Bessie walking over and they looked down at Woody with emotionless looks on their faces.

Suddenly, they all heard a dog barking and a boy yelling " Yes!" before they heard the boy cackle. Their hearts stopped as they knew who was making that noise. Slinky ducked under the bed. Bessie hid behind Boy Blue in fright.

" Uh oh." Woody muttered.

" It can't be." Boy Blue said in fear while looking at Sylvia.

" It's Sid." Slinky Dog whispered. The egg toys jumped into each other in fright. Woody, Sylvia, Boy Blue, Bessie, Bo Peep, Rex and Mr. Potato Head walked towards the window.

" I thought he was at summer camp." Rex said.

" They must've kicked him out early this year." Hamm told the toy dinosaur.

" Oh no, not Sid!" Rex cried out as he and the other toys climbed up to the window to look outside next door.

" Incoming!" Sid yelled out before he threw stuff while his dog was barking.

" Who is it this time?" Mr. Potato Head asked.

" I can't tell." Woody told him before he looked around and asked " Hey, where's Lenny?"

" Right here, Woody." Lenny responded before the cowboy doll picked up the toy binoculars.

" Oh no, I can't bear to watch one of these again." Rex said in worry.

Woody used Lenny to see what toy Sid was trying to take out and when he did, Woody said " Oh no, it's Combat Carl."

" Seriously?!" Sylvia questioned in an annoyed tone of voice.

" Yup." Woody responded in disappointment.