Chapter 18

As soon as he saw Sid's father sleeping, Scud backed away and headed outside.

" Is he gone?" Sylvia questioningly whispered to Buzz before he looked outside to see the scary dog walk downstairs before he whispered " Yeah, he's gone. We can go now." But before they were gonna exit out the room, they heard a voice say " Calling Buzz Lightyear. Come in Buzz Lightyear."

They both turned around to see a commercial on TV which had his logos on it and walked towards it. Sylvia watched with worry as she knew how Buzz was gonna react once he learned the truth about himself. The voice continued " This is Star Command. Buzz Lightyear! Do you read me?"

" Star Command!" Buzz excitedly exclaimed before he opened his wrist communicator. But before he replied to it, he heard a child's voice say " Buzz Lightyear responding! Read you loud and clear!" Sylvia watched sorrowfully as Buzz looked up at the TV weirded out by what was happening and the commercial showed two boys holding a Buzz Lightyear toy in a cardboard spaceship just like his own.

Buzz couldn't believe what was happening as he continued watching the commercial in disbelief. With every feature demonstrated on the TV, Buzz compared the same feature on himself.

As soon as the commercial showed the part where a Buzz Lightyear action figure's voice box said " There's a secret mission in an uncharted space." Buzz pressed the same button on his chest and it said the exact same thing the TV Buzz said in the commercial. What made Buzz distraught the most was the part where the commercial showed a Buzz Lightyear action figure popping out his wings and at the bottom of it were four words quoting " Not a flying toy." Sylvia still continued to watch with sorrow as she saw Buzz shaking his head in utter wide-eyed disbelief of what he had to experience. The image on the screen changed to a shot of hundreds of Buzz Lightyear action figures in their boxes lining either side of the aisle before a logo called " Al's Toy Barn" appeared on the screen.

As soon as the commercial ended, Buzz looked stricken then opened his wrist communicator and on the underside, there were that said " Made from Taiwan." Buzz looked stunned and hurt when he realized that Woody and Sylvia were right about the fact that he's actually a toy the entire time.

Feeling sorry for him, Sylvia put her hand on Buzz's shoulder and sadly said " Buzz, I-I'm really sorry about all of this. I'm here for you." He didn't respond but he sadly made his way to the door to walk out.

" Buzz, wait!" Sylvia called out in a loud whisper as she hurriedly tiptoed over to Buzz following him outside the door.

The space toy stopped to look at Sylvia and she said " I know it's tough for you to handle the fact that you're a toy but you can still be cool especially if you're not a real space ranger." Buzz didn't listen as he began to walk pass the stairwell before he and Sylvia stopped to look at a open window as a bird flew by it. Then, Woody's voice echoed through Buzz's head saying " You are a toy! You can't fly!"

Sylvia put her hand on Buzz's shoulder again as he lowered his head in sadness and she gently said " Hey, I get that you can't fly but it's like I said. You're still a great toy no matter what." Buzz didn't listen as he raised his head up with determination in his eyes. He slammed his wrist communicator shut as if he was defying what the words said and he said " No, I can still fly." Sylvia was extremely surprised by his words.

" No, Buzz wait!" Sylvia called out as she saw Buzz climbing up the railing and he stood on top of it before he opened his wings.

" Come on, Buzz! It's not worth it. You're gonna get yourself hurt trying to fly!" Sylvia called out to him again but it was no use. Buzz looked towards the window as he was determined to prove that he was able to fly and that he's really a space ranger before he exclaimed " To Infinity and Beyond!"

" Buzz!" Sylvia yelled out as Buzz jumped off the railing and halfway towards the window, he began to fall down towards the stairs and bounced off them and landed on the floor. He saw that his arm came off from the impact laying next to him before he closed his eyes in despair.

Sylvia gasped before she ran down the stairs and went to Buzz. She looked worried as she saw that his arm was detached from his entire body and it laid right next to him.

" Buzz, come on! You have to get up! I'll go get Woody and then maybe we can find a way to fix you! I promise!" Sylvia begged Buzz to get up while shaking him at the same time with worry. Suddenly, she laid down next to him lifelessly in toy mode when she saw Sid's sister Hannah come in towards them and called out " Mom. Mom, have you seen my Sally doll?"

She then stepped down on Buzz's wing and looked down to see Sylvia and Buzz together.

" Oh dear, what was that?" Sid's mother called out as Hannah picked up both Sylvia and Buzz at the same time with a smile and called out " Never mind!"

(Time skip)
Sylvia and Buzz were in Hannah's room in toy mode as Hannah was playing tea party with them along with two headless dolls. The little girl then pressed one of Buzz's buttons and his voice box said " There's a secret mission in an uncharted space. Let's go!"

" Really? That's very interesting." Hannah playfully responded. Unbeknownst to them was that Woody was peeping into the room and he saw that Hannah was playing tea party with Buzz, Sylvia and two headless dolls.

" Would you like some tea, Mrs. Nesbitt and Princess Sylvia?" Hannah asked while pouring some imaginary tea inside the teapots in front of Buzz & Sylvia.