Chapter 23

After thinking about what Boy Blue just told her, Bo Peep looked at him and saw that he was blushing about something so she asked him " Boy Blue, are you okay?" The wooden puppet snapped out of his thoughts and responded " Oh yeah. I was just thinking about Sylvia, you know. I'm just really worried about her."

" Boy Blue, you have been acting pretty strange around Sylvia ever since we met her." Bo Peep told him which made the wooden puppet look at her with wide eyes before she asked " What's going on? Do you like her?" As a response, Boy Blue timidly nodded his head yes with a smile on his face.

" I can't help myself, I really love Sylvia. She's beautiful, kind, caring, compassionate, feisty and she definitely has a way of words." Boy Blue complimented about Sylvia.

" You know, for someone who's very shy and timid, you have a way of saying such nice words about the toy you love." Bo Peep complimented Boy Blue.

" Yeah, thanks." Boy Blue thanked the polite porcelain doll.

" Then why can't you tell Sylvia yourself?" Bo Peep asked Boy Blue before he looked at her with fear as he didn't want to tell her the truth about why he wouldn't tell Sylvia that he loves her. He then cleared his throat and responded " Well, I still need time to think about how I'm gonna tell her, that's all."

" Oh, okay." Bo Peep said as she understood what he said before she told him " Well, I'm gonna head back to my lamp to get some rest. See you tomorrow in the moving van." As soon as Bo walked away from them to get to her lamp, Boy Blue sat back down against the box and sighed.

" I really do hope Woody, Sylvia and Buzz get back here because Andy really needs them. And I really need Sylvia." Boy Blue thought to himself before he heard " Psst, Boy Blue!"

He and Bessie looked up to see Slinky Dog looking down at them and he asked " Aren't ya'll comin'?"

" Oh yeah, we're coming." Boy Blue whispered before Slinky helped him and Bessie climb up the box before shutting it and they went to sleep.

(Meanwhile during the thunderstorm)
At Sid's house, Woody and Sylvia were struggling to get out from under the crate while Sid was asleep. They both spotted Buzz and Woody whispered " Ps-s-s-s-t! Psst! Hey, Buzz!"

Buzz was just sitting there all depressed. Woody grabbed a stray washer and flung it towards Buzz. It hit Buzz on the helmet which caused him to look up at Woody and Sylvia.

" Hey! Get over here and see if you can get this tool box off of us." Woody whispered to Buzz who then looked away again which made Sylvia feel bad for him.

" Oh, come on, Buzz. We... Buzz, we can't do this without you. We need your help." Woody told Buzz before Sylvia chimed in " Woody's right, Buzz. You're the only toy left that can set us free from this crate."

" I can't help. I can't help anyone." Buzz mumbled to them in sadness.

" Why, sure you can, Buzz. You can get us out of here and then we'll get that rocket off you and we'll make a break for Andy's house." Woody assured the depressed Buzz.

" Yeah, and the others will know that you're alive." Sylvia assured Buzz as well as Woody nodded his head yes in agreement.

" Andy's house. Sid's house. What's the difference?" Buzz mumbled in sadness again.

" From what Sylvia told me, you just fell down the stairs and broke your arm so you're just not thinking clearly." Woody told the space toy as Sylvia nodded her head yes in agreement.

" No, guys, for the first time I am thinking clearly." Buzz told them before he looked at himself and continued " You two were right all along. I'm not a Space Ranger. I'm a toy." He then opened his wrist communicator and finished his sentence " A stupid little significant toy."

" Buzz, you're not stupid. You just didn't know that you were a toy until you saw the commercial. You're a smart toy, Buzz." Sylvia assured him.

" Sylvia's right, Buzz. Besides, being a toy is way better than a Space Ranger." Woody convinced Buzz.

" Yeah, right." Buzz doubted their words.

" No, it is. Look, over in that house is a kid who thinks you are the greatest, and it's not because you're a space ranger, pal, it's because you're a toy. You are his toy." Woody convinced Buzz.

" Why would Andy want me?" Buzz sadly asked Woody and Sylvia.

" Because you're a special Buzz Lightyear action figure. That's why."Sylvia assured Buzz.

" Sylvia's right, Buzz. Any other toy give up his moving parts just to be you. You got wings, you glow in the dark, you talk, you're helmet that does that- - whoosh thing." Woody assured Buzz as well before he got depressed.

" Woody's right, you're a cool toy, Buzz." Sylvia complimented the space toy.

" Yeah, as a matter of fact, you're too cool. I mean - - I mean what does a toy like me have against a Buzz Lightyear? All I can do is..." Woody muttered to himself before he pulled his pull string and it said " There's a snake in my boot!" Sylvia looked at Woody with wide eyes and asked " What about me? I'm not the exactly the coolest toy either."

" Come on, Sylvia. You're a princess doll that carries a sword with you and that's really cool." Woody pointed out.

" Yeah, but I don't have a voice box. If anything the only toy that should've been jealous is me." Sylvia told him.

" If that's the case, then why were you so nice to Buzz and I wasn't?" Woody questioned the princess doll.

" Well first off, I did tell you that I had a kid named Tammy who loved me, Jacob, Delaney and Angel Cakes. We were there to watch her grow up before she decided give us away but I was separate from the toys that I was close with. Secondly, a wise toy taught me that it doesn't matter how much we're played with or being the favorite toy, it's about being there for your kid when they need you the most." Sylvia explained.

" Woody, the toy that taught me that lesson was you." Sylvia told the cowboy who then froze as he realized that she was right about the lesson that he taught her and the other toys.

Woody then looked at Buzz and apologized " I'm really sorry, Buzz. It's just that ever since you came along and Andy started playing with you, I just felt really jealous and distraught because I was Andy's most favorite toy and it seemed you were trying to take my relationship with Andy away from me." He then went depressed again before Sylvia put her hand on his shoulder to comfort him.