Chapter 16

Sid finished doing his "medical" stuff and did a voice impression of a nurse saying " Doctor, you've done it!"

From inside the bag, Woody, Sylvia and Buzz watched as Sid walked over to the door and said in a singsong voice " Hannah!" When Sid opened the door where Hannah was, he showed her the doll that had a pterodactyl head on it and said " Janie's all better now."

The little girl screamed with horror, ran away and yelled out " Mom! Mom!"

" She's lying! Whatever she says, it's not true!" Sid yelled before he threw the doll and ran out the room before he slammed the door. The three toys looked around the room which was filled with heavy metal posters, discarded toy remains and power tools which made them shudder.

" We're gonna die." Woody whimpered before he jumped out the bag and said " I'm out of here." Sylvia jumped out of the bag and said " I'm with you, Woody." They both ran to the door and when Woody tried to open the door knob, it wouldn't budge.

" Locked." Woody said before he jumped down and looked around before he told Sylvia " There's gotta be another way out of here."

Suddenly, Woody and Sylvia both heard a rolling noise and they turned to see a yo-yo rolling before it flopped over. Woody took out a pencil while Sylvia took out her sword and looked around for whoever's there.

When the two of them sensed a shadow zooming past behind them, they immediately turned around frozen solid before Sylvia pointed her sword and yelled " Who's there?!" No answer came out but Sylvia still pointed her sword and yelled " You better come out with your hands up or else I will attack! This is no joke!!"

The both of them heard a noise come from Sid's bed. Woody fearfully picked up a flashlight and switched on before he shined the light on a baby doll's head under the bed with Sylvia pointing her sword at the toy.

" Hey! Hi there, little fella. Come out here. Do you know a way out of here?" Woody politely asked the weird looking baby doll. Sylvia was still pointing her sword as the baby doll head moved out of the bed, revealing to have a spider-like body made from pieces of an erector set. Both Woody and Sylvia gasped as the spider-like baby doll rose up taller, which made them look terrified. Then they turned around to see a fishing rod with two legs, a Jack-in-a-box with a monster claw, skateboard with a combat soldier's torso screwed to the front end and other broken toys.

A toy used his hand to turn off the flashlight which made Woody and Sylvia run back up to the bed with Woody jumping onto Buzz while clinging onto him and fear before he stammered " B-B-B-Buzz!"

The three toys watched as the mutant toys grabbed the Janie doll and the pterodactyl toy before they moved them away.

" They're cannibals." Buzz told the two which caused Woody to dive back into the bag with Buzz following.

Hearing what Buzz said about the mutant toys, Sylvia stopped for a brief moment, put her sword down and thought " Cannibals? Wait a second. Toys can't eat other toys. Heck, us toys can't even eat human food either. Maybe these mutant toys are friendly."

Sylvia snapped out of her thoughts before she heard Woody's voice call out " Sylvia! Get in here! Now!" Just like that, the princess doll went back inside the bag to hide. Buzz then pressed the button on his chest and said " May day! May day! Come in, Star Command! Send reinforcements! Star Command, do you copy?" He adjusted his laser and pointed it out of the bag before he said " I've set my laser from stun to kill."

" Oh, great, great. Yeah, and if anyone attacks us, we can blink 'em to death." Woody sarcastically commented.

" Guys, I don't think these toys are cannibals." Sylvia told Woody and Buzz who raised a brow at her.

" What are you talking about?! Of course they're cannibals! You've seen what they're doing to that doll body and pterodactyl head!" Woody snapped before Sylvia rolled her eyes at that statement and she said " Guys, toys cannot eat toys. Heck, toys can't even eat food so how can you just say that they're animals."

( Back at Andy's house.)
Meanwhile, the other toys were looking for Buzz with a torch when they heard rustling coming from the bushes.

" Hey guys, I think I've found him!" Rex told his friends as he shined the light into the bushes before he called out " Buzz! Is that you?!" Suddenly, a cat was yowling loudly and ran away which caused Rex to snap " Whiskers! Will you get out of here?! You're interfering with the search & rescue!"

Then they heard the Davis' car pull up to the house which made Slinky whisper " Look, they're home."

Rex turned off the light to prevent the Davis family from seeing it. The car pulled up and stopped before Andy & his mother got out. The toys were about to get a big surprise because they heard Andy ask " Mom, have you seen Woody and Sylvia?"

" Where was the last place you left them?" Mrs. Davis asked her son.

" Right here in the van." Andy told his mom while pointing to where he put Woody and Sylvia. The toys continued to listen to the conversation.

" I'm sure they're there. You're just not looking hard enough." Mrs. Davis assured her son.

" They're not here, mom. Woody and Sylvia are gone." Andy told his mom.

The toys were completely shocked when they heard that and Bo Peep gasped " Woody and Sylvia are gone?"

" No, they can't be gone. They just can't be." Boy Blue managed to choke out as he felt his heart melt at the fact that Sylvia was no longer in the car along with Woody.

" Well what do you know, the weasel ran away." Hamm said.

" Huh?! Huh?! I told you he was guilty." Mr. Potato Head commented before he and Hamm walked away from the window.

" Who would've thought he was capable with atrocities?" Rex questioned before he followed Hamm and Mr. Potato Head. Bo Peep, Boy Blue, Slinky and Bessie looked at each other crestfallen at Woody and Sylvia's disappearance.

" Oh Slink, Boy Blue, Bessie. I hope they're okay." Bo Peep told her friends with worry before Boy Blue, Slinky and Bessie nodded their heads in agreement before Boy Blue choked out " I hope so too." Bessie looked up at Boy Blue with sadness.

Bo Peep and Slinky Dog walked away from the window with sadness while Boy Blue and Bessie were both still at the window as Boy Blue was heartbroken that Sylvia went missing along with Woody and Buzz. The sad wooden puppet put his hands close to his chest and prayed " Sylvia, wherever you are, I just wanna let you know that I hope you come back along with Woody and Buzz before we move. I just love you so much."

After Boy Blue finished his prayer, he laid down next to the windowsill to rest himself with Bessie beside him.