Chapter 4

The toys got to the window to see what was going on outside and Hamm excitedly said " Ho, boy! Will you look at those presents?" Mr. Potato Head hopped up & down as he was trying to see but couldn't before he said " I can't see a thing." He then picked up his two eyes and lifted them up above the toys to see Andy's friends bringing in presents.

" Yes sir, we're next month's garage sale fodder for sure!" Hamm said in worry.

" Any dinosaur shaped ones?!" Rex stupidly questioned.

" Oh, for crying out loud. They're all in boxes you idiot." Hamm responded in annoyance. The toys kept looking out the window and Rex said " They're getting bigger."

" Wait, there's a nice little present right there." Slinky Dog said as he noticed a present that looked to be small.

" I wouldn't call it a little present if I were you." Boy Blue said which caused Slinky to look up at him and he asked " Why would ya say that?"

Boy Blue turned out to be right because the moment the boy holding the present turned around, the present revealed to be really long which caused the other toys except Boy Blue to scream and panic in the process.

Woody, who was watching the whole thing along with Sylvia facepalmed at the toys panicking. The princess on the other hand looked up at the other toys a bit worried.

" We're doomed!" Rex exclaimed in worry.

" All right! All right!" Woody snapped which caused the other toys to look down at him as they gave the sheriff their attention.

" If I send out the troops, will you all calm down?" Woody asked the toys as he was annoyed with the toys panicking.

" Yes! Yes! We promised!" Rex yelled out which caused Boy Blue and Sylvia to look at him startled.

" OK!" Woody exclaimed in anger and then said " Save your batteries." Before he and Sylvia walked over to the bed.

" Very good, Woody. That's using the old noodle." Hamm commented.

Both Woody and Sylvia jumped on the bed to look at Sarge before Woody said " Sergeant, establish a recon post downstairs. Code Red!"

" You know what to do." Princess Sylvia chimed in.

" Yes sir! Yes ma'am!" Sarge responded while saluting to the sheriff and princess. The toy soldier then jumped down from the table and onto one of the drawers before he said " All right, men. You heard them. Code Red! Repeat, we are at Code Red. Recon plan Charlie. Execute! Let's move! Move! Move!"

The green army men jumped from the bucket and went down the door, carrying some rope and a baby monitor with them. While the toy soldiers were doing their job, Sylvia watched Woody set up the monitor as the other toys moved over to the lamp where Woody & Sylvia were.

" All right, gangway, gangway." Hamm spoke up as he was trying to get through the other toys.

" And this is how we find out what is in those presents." Woody told everyone as Princess Sylvia nodded her head in agreement. A minute after waiting for a response from Sarge, Rex got a bit worried and asked " Shouldn't they be there by now? What's taking them so long?"

" Hey, these guys are professionals. They're the best. Come on! They're not lying down on the job." Woody assured Rex.

" He's right Rex. Surely the soldiers are doing just fine." Sylvia chimed in as she agreed with what Woody said before she thought to herself " I hope."

After a while, all the toys heard Sarge's voice on the baby monitor saying " Come in, Mother Bird. This is alpha bravo." With that, Woody told everyone " This is it! This is it! Quiet, quiet, quiet, quiet!"

" Come in, Mother bird. All right, Andy's opening the first present." Sarge announced through the baby monitor.

" Mrs. Potato Head! Mrs. Potato Head! Mrs. Potato Head!" Mr. Potato Head chanted which caused Rex, Hamm and Boy Blue to look at him confused.

" Hey, I can dream, can't I?" Mr. Potato Head told the three after he noticed them looking at him.

" I guess." Boy Blue thought to himself as he understood what Mr. Potato Head was saying.

" The bow's coming right off. He's ripping the wrapping paper. It's a.... It's.... It's a.... It's a lunch box. We've got a lunch box here." Sarge said through the monitor which surprised the other toys except for Princess Sylvia, Boy Blue and Slinky Dog since they knew why Andy needed a lunch box.

" A lunch box?" Woody questioned while looking down at the other toys.

" Lunch box?" Mr. Potato Head questioned as well but in a weirded out light.

" For lunch." Slinky Dog responded before he laughed. Woody & Sylvia put their ears close to the baby monitor again to hear Sarge say " OK, second present. It appears to be.... OK, it's bed sheets." After hearing that, the toys were weirded out and Mr. Potato Head responded " Who invited that kid?"

After a while, they heard Sarge's voice on the monitor say " OK, we're on the last present now." With that, Woody looked down at the other toys and exclaimed " Last present!"

" It's a big one. It's a... It's a board game. Repeat, Battleship!" Sarge said through the baby monitor which caused Woody & Sylvia to breath a sigh of relief while the other toys began to cheer on.

" Hallelujah! Yeah! All right!" Hamm cheered on to the point he accidentally bumped into Mr. Potato Head which caused some of his parts to come off and he exclaimed " Hey, watch it!"

" Sorry, old spud head." Hamm apologized to the toy Potato head.

The baby monitor suddenly turned off and Woody said " See? What did Sylvia & I tell ya? Huh? Nothing to worry about."

" I knew you and Sylvia were right all along, Woody. Never doubted ya both for a second." Slinky Dog said as Boy Blue nodded in agreement and said " Well Woody & Sylvia never lie."