RJ Caswen: Afterparty at Ashlyn's House Pt. 3

Note: EJ supports Ricky throughout the pregnancy.
——————————
*a week and a half later*

Ricky's POV (still)
It had been a week and a half since EJ and I finally got together, telling my dad about the baby and now that EJ has graduated high school this week.

My dad and I were making dinner when we invited Miss Jenn over. I know it's so weird for my father to date a teacher from my school, but things have been going smooth lately. I even told Miss Jenn about me and EJ.getting together after we came out to each other and about the pregnancy and she was happy for me.

Dinner was almost ready as my dad, Miss Jenn and I were setting the table in the dining room until I heard a doorbell ring. I went to answer the door and it revealed to be EJ with a couple of his bags. I was surprised to see him.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hi," EJ said it back.

And I started feeling confused about why he was here.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

The moment was quiet until EJ said...

"I came out to my parents. And I told them about us and the baby."

"You did? What they'd say?" I questioned.

Then EJ felt a sting of tears in his eyes before he continued to speak.

"I waited a couple days after I graduated to tell them. And then when I finally got it out, my dad started to become angry at me and came up with something very threatening. The argument between us went on as I told him I wasn't ready to go to college yet when all I wanted was to be with you and the baby. But he was trying to break us up when he was forbidding me from seeing you, and I tried to reason him when I couldn't let him do that, because of how much I've loved you and that I needed you in my life the way you needed me. And then the last thing I told him in anger that I was moving out. So, I went into my room to pack my stuff and my mom came in crying as I told her I was sorry when my dad left me no choice but to do this just for you. I hugged her goodbye before I left. While I was driving, I didn't know where to go until I came here to see you."

I was in a shock and didn't have much to say. Seeing him cry started to make me cry.

"Oh EJ, I... I feel terrible about what happened to you and your parents. I can't believe they couldn't accept you for being gay and that you were having this baby with me. I'm so sorry."

I went up to hug him. During that, EJ cried on my shoulder as I rubbed his back. We hugged for a minute more until we let go of each other as we wiped our tears away.

"You know, I wish it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gotten pregnant in the first place. But then, we wouldn't have gotten together," I said as I looked down.

"Hey, look at me, Ricky," EJ moved my head up to make sure I faced him.

"We're not gonna let anything stop us from doing something that matters the most to us. And if my parents can't accept me for who I am, then screw them. They can't tell us that we're not allowed to be together. Nobody can stop us from who we are. We're in this together. I know I've said that before, but I still really mean it. We can do this. We're gonna fight this and we'll show these people, including our friends, that our love is the strongest power, and they'll see for themselves once and for all. What do you think of that?"

I was moved by EJ's speech before I pulled him in for a kiss for a moment until I pulled away.

"So, I'll take that as a yes?" he asked.

"Yes in a million," I answered and we both laughed. "I love you, EJ Caswell."

"I love you too, Ricky Bowen."