RJ Caswen: Hold On Pt. 1

Summary: EJ helps Ricky on his pregnancy with triplets.

Title based on the song by Michael Buble
--------------------
Ricky and EJ had been together for nine years, and they had been living together in a nice house.

They had been dating since they were sixteen when it was around their junior year of high school after they had been friends for quite a long time. They came out to their parents and told them about each other. However, EJ's parents disowned him after he came out to them, and he was devastated. And then on, he had lived with his cousin, Ashlyn, until he finished up high school. Meanwhile, ever since his parents got divorced, Ricky's father, Mike had been very supportive to his son and EJ. But sadly, Ricky's mother, Lynne did not approve, and she and Ricky had not spoken to each other afterwards. So Mike was the only parent as he supported and endure the boys's relationship.

After graduating high school, they both attended to college together, and then graduated a few years later. And with the two of them at twenty-five years old while being committed as they stayed in Salt Lake since it had always been their home, Ricky became a part-time music teacher at Salt Lake Community College, and EJ became a real estate sales agent where he would show off property inside houses and see if people were interested in buying a house.

(I wrote that for EJ in this story, because of the references I got from the character, Phil Dunphy from Modern Family)

Throughout nine years of their entire relationship, Ricky and EJ could never stop being happy together, and they were so proud of each other at their jobs. And then, they both started to wonder what their future was going to be like if they were going to be together forever. And the same question they had thought of had the same answer, but never actually talked about it until it happened that one night...
-------------------
Ricky and EJ were having dinner and talking about how today went for the both of them. However, Ricky had hardly eaten off the food on his plate as he barely touched it, and EJ was curious on why.

"Ricky?" EJ stopped eating from his plate.

"Yeah?" Ricky looked up at him.

"You feeling okay? You've hardly eaten anything. Are you not that hungry right now?" EJ was concerned.

"Oh, no, no, I'm fine. Just, um... Just had a lot going on in my mind," Ricky answered.

"Like what?" EJ questioned.

Ricky was nervous when he started thinking for a moment  about the discussion he wanted to have with EJ.

"EJ, can I ask you about something, and can you be honest with me on what you think?" Ricky asked.

"Sure, babe. Ask me anything," EJ said.

Ricky took a breath slowly and quietly as he was ready to get it out in the air.

"Do you want kids?" Ricky asked.

EJ froze for a moment on what Ricky just asked him.

"What?" he snapped out of it.

"Well, I was just curious after thinking about this for a while now. I mean, we've been together for about nine years, and we both have great jobs. I know we've never talked about this before, and I don't know why neither of us brought it up, but have you ever thought about settling down?" Ricky questioned.

"Well, I kind of thought about it, yeah. But..." EJ went to a pause.

"But what?" Ricky asked.

"I wasn't as sure about this. You know, I almost wasn't as sure, because with a few of the girls I've dated, I almost couldn't find the right person I would one day spend the rest of my life with, but that was even before I met you, then found out I was bi like you have been too, and then fell in love with you. And my point is that ever since we've been dating, I was scared to even ask you about if you wanted to have kids, because I thought this wouldn't be something you wanted," EJ stated.