RJ Caswen: The Breakup Pt. 1: Consequences

Note: A rewrite of my story, Consequences (the previously deleted original version), but with a few simple changes that are even better than the original version. And this is actually the first part of a piece-by-piece of the RJ Caswen Breakup story.

Part One: Ricky takes a trip on memory lane from his and EJ's relationship to the break up.

Title based on the song by Camila Cabello.
-----------------------
Ricky Bowen is pregnant, but the problem is EJ's not here with him. They dated for a few years while they were in high school and stayed together until they broke up a couple months after they started college, and that was even before Ricky found out about his pregnancy. They were attending to different schools that were actually close to each other. While EJ was at a short distance from his (former) boyfriend, Ricky was living in Pasadena, where he was sharing an apartment with his best friend, Nini, who started a career as a singer/songwriter.

It was a rainy day outside in town when Nini drove up to LA to get to the recording studio for her new song, while Ricky was up in his bedroom in the apartment all alone. He was laying on his bed, staring up at the ceiling while rubbing his slightly swollen stomach with his hand. Ricky recently found out he was having a girl, and ever since he had some time to think, he begun to regret about not telling EJ about the baby. He then pulled out a scrapbook that held some photos of when they were the happiest couple ever, just as he thought of the good times they had together. The first ones he looked into were from high school, and then on their graduation day when he saw the caps and gowns they wore. Ricky was hurting as he had thought of the happiest day of his and EJ's lives.
-----------------------
*9 months earlier*

Ricky and EJ met during their sophomore year at East High. Ricky recognized EJ from before when he was captain of the water polo team, and EJ knew Ricky from when he was performing his music at a cafe, but they hadn't properly met until then around school. A while after meeting, EJ had the courage to ask Ricky out to the homecoming dance as his date. They had a great with dancing with their friends, and slow dancing, and at the end of the night, when EJ drove Ricky home and was dropping him off there, they shared their first kiss. And since that night, they had been in love.

They told their parents and friends about their relationship a few months after they started dating, and everyone was happy for the boys. Although, they would often argue over something stupid, but they would recover by apologizing and making up. And on the other hand, their schoolmate, Lily, would come in between the two whenever she tried to flirt with EJ, but Ricky kept telling her off whenever he said to her to stay away from his man.

Around their senior year, Ricky and EJ were figuring out what colleges to apply to, because they wanted to be close to each other. Ricky wanted to have a music career and EJ wanted to be an actor, but they weren't almost sure about how they would be close to each other while staying together. With the help of options from between Miss Jenn and a school counselor, the boys found two colleges in California that were close to each other. Ricky looked into the private school called California College of Music and EJ did some research on UCLA where he found out they had a theater program there.

Ricky and EJ were glad to have found different schools where they could be close to each other in a short distance, and they were going to support each other throughout the whole thing on the next chapter of their relationship. After months of applying and doing their interviews, they received their letters and both got accepted into those schools. They told their families and friends the news, and they were all excited for the boys.

Ricky and EJ had finally graduated high school with a few of their friends, and their parents threw them a party at EJ's house, where Nini came for a surprise visit from L.A. for a small break from her music career to see the boys and everyone else. During the grad party, EJ had a little surprise planned for Ricky as he went to look for him until he found him talking to Big Red, Nini and Gina.