RJ Caswen: The Breakup Pt. 3: Count on Me

Part Three: EJ goes to see Ricky and they talk about the plan on how to raise the baby, because EJ wants to be there for Ricky and to prove that he can make a great father. Ricky opens his heart to finally forgive EJ, and slowly lets him back into his life and support the rest of the pregnancy. But does Ricky still love EJ? Well, sparks might be flying again.

Title based on the song by Bruno Mars.
---------------------
*back at Ricky and Nini's apartment*

Ricky was helping Nini make dinner, it was nice for her to have her best friend help her do something nice for Gina ever since they became girlfriends. (Yep, that's right. I thought of adding a little Gini in this chapter, because of how cute the couple is in fanfics like this) But Nini has been concern about how Ricky was always on his feet during the pregnancy, so she tried to remind him to take it easy.

Everything was almost ready until a knock came to the door.

"Who's at the door? Is that Gina?" Ricky asked.

Nini looked at the time on the clock.

"No, that couldn't be. It's early and the food's not ready yet," Nini was almost about to panic.

"Relax, Nini. I'll go check and see who it is. Maybe it's not Gina," Ricky walked up to the door.

When he got to the door, Ricky was in quite a shock the moment he opened it and it revealed not to be Gina, but EJ.

"Hi," EJ greeted.

"Hi. What are you--?"

"I got your voicemail. I've been thinking about you too, and I missed our talks we used to have every day. And that was when I decided to come see you in person instead of calling you back," EJ explained.

"Oh. I didn't think you would come by after I was trying to reach out to you," Ricky said.

"Well, here I am," EJ announced.

Then EJ glanced down at Ricky's rounded stomach where his hand was at.

"So... it's true. You're really..."

"Yeah," Ricky replied.

"Ricky, who's at the door?" Nini called.

"It's EJ," Ricky said.

Ricky and EJ faced back at each other.

"Do you wanna come in?" Ricky offered.

"Yeah," EJ nodded before entering.

"EJ!" Nini shouted excitedly.

"Hey Neens!" EJ went up to hug her.

EJ smelled the food Nini was cooking.

"Wow, Nini. It smells delicious. Whatcha cooking?"

"Chicken parmesan. I'm cooking this 'cause Gina's in town and we invited her over to stay for a couple of days," Nini said.

"Ooh, I love chicken parmesan!" EJ said enthusiastically.

"Hey Eej, why don't we go into my room to talk?" Ricky suggested.

EJ nodded at the idea Ricky said. As EJ walked and passed him, Ricky was following behind. He looked over at Nini and she crossed her fingers for a second as a way to wish him luck. Then he turned his head and focused to get to his room. Once he and EJ were in, Ricky shut the door behind him where they could talk in private. Although, Ricky felt like he was about to cry.

"Listen, Ricky. I---"

"I'm sorry, EJ. I'm so sorry about everything. I should feel terrible about hiding my pregnancy away from you for the couple of months, but I've realized how stupid I was for letting you go after you cheated on me, and I've been regretting it since then. To be honest with you, I thought I'd be ready to move on from you, but at that point, I wasn't and I'm not. I know you tried to apologize to me for what you did before, and I tried to find a way on how to forgive you. But I can't seem to forgive myself for not telling you earlier---"