RJ Caswen: Never Grow Up Pt. 2

What comes up next: Ellie goes to seek help from Big Red for a job at his family's pizza place. Ellie goes to her doctors appointment and hears her baby's heartbeat for the first time. 
-------------------------
*the next day*

I was driving after school to Salt Lake Slices where I was about to ask Uncle Big Red for a job there. Ever since I was little, I could make homemade pizzas after Uncle Red had taught me how to do that whenever he came to visit my house, and then we showed the same thing to Mikey and Sam. Even though, things got a little messy, but we always knew we did a great job together. Years later, since that place has been in his family for quite a long time now, Uncle Big Red took over SLS as the manager after my Aunt Kourtney during their high school years before she left Salt Lake to pursue her dream as a singer. So now, I was thinking that pizza making was something I could do as a job position.

After I found a parking spot, I found the place and entered in. Then I went up to one of the waiters, a guy, and asked him if I could speak to the manager. I waited for a couple of moments until Uncle Red came out and saw me.

"Well, if it isn't the beautiful, and the very darling, none other than my niece, Ellie Caswen," he smiled.

"Hey, Uncle Red!" I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"My gosh, look at you! You've really grown!" Uncle Big Red said.

"Thanks," I giggled.

"Hey, so how are Uncle Andy and the kids these days?" I asked.

"They're great, actually. Your Uncle Andy's been in France, filming a movie for a few months now, but will be back home in a couple of weeks. It's weird how he's got his French accent back on again after that time in high school while we were young. Oh, and Esther and Adam have been doing well in school," he talked about his talented husband and their twins.

"That's nice," I responded.

"Yeah. So, what can I do for you?" Uncle Red asked.

"Well, I was wondering if you have a minute, so I could talk to you? Maybe, in some place private?" I asked.

"Oh, sure. Step into my office. Right this way, please," Uncle Red gestured his direction.

I went on ahead as he followed me behind. He opened his office door and I entered in as he closed it and got around to his desk before we both sat down. 

"Okay. So, what's up, kiddo?" Uncle Red asked.

"Um, well I was thinking I could... I could, uh..."

I started to become nervous just when I was about to tell him about my baby and last night's incident. But I took a deep breath and gathered up my courage as I started to speak.

"Do you remember, from when I was little, we used to make pizzas together whenever you would come by to my house for a visit?" I asked.

"Yeah. You know how much I've loved spending time with you and your brothers just like how I often spend time with your dads, which brought me back the old days of when we were in high school," he said.

I chuckled a bit.

"Oh Uncle Red, I love how you and everyone else could tell me your stories about yourselves with my dads. I could never get tired of hearing them," I stated.

"Well, I'm glad to hear you say that," Uncle Red said.

"Thanks. Listen, um... the reason why I came to see you is that I was wondering if maybe I could apply for a job here," I asked.

"Really?" Uncle Red asked.

"Well, yeah. Auntie Ash suggested that to me, and that I would stop by to talk to you about it," I started explaining.