RJ Caswen: I Won't Give Up: Prologue Pt. 1

Summary: Ricki Bowen is pregnant. She tells her boyfriend, EJ Caswell, and he supports Ricki as they decide to keep the baby. But it's about to become a challenge for the soon-to-be parents when they face their final year of high school together.

Note: This is the story with Ricky written as a girl. Ricki is short for Erica. And these are the events of their love story.

Title based on the song by Jason Mraz
----------------------
This is the love story of Erica "Ricki" Bowen and EJ Caswell.
-----------------------
*when they first met*

Ricki and EJ had seen each other around school, but never formally met until their sophomore year. It all happened one day after school when Miss Jenn was holding auditions for the musical. EJ sang one of the songs from the musical during his audition, and for Ricki's audition, she wrote her own song and sang it in front of everyone, and they were all impressed, including Miss Jenn, and her best friends, Nini, Gina, and Big Red. But the person who was most impressed was EJ. After auditions were over, Ricki and her friends were talking until EJ came up to her and tapped her by the shoulder.

"Oh, hi," Ricki said.

"Hey," EJ smiled.

"Ricki, are you coming?" Nini called her.

Ricki looked over at her friends.

"Uh, yeah. I..."

Ricki looked back at EJ and then her friends again.

"Actually, you guys go ahead. I'll catch up in a second," Ricki told Nini, Gina and Big Red.

The three nodded at Ricki and walked away. Then Ricki looked back up at EJ.

"So, you're Ricki, right?" EJ asked.

"Yeah," Ricki nodded.

"I thought so. I'm EJ," EJ introduced.

"Oh yeah, EJ Caswell. I've been seeing you around school. Hey, do you happen to be related to Ashlyn Caswell?" Ricki questioned.

"Yeah, she's my cousin," EJ answered. 

"Wow. No wonder you guys shared the last name. My friends and I have known her for a little while, and she's been dating one of my friends, Big Red. We even went with her to a couple of your swim meets last year," Ricki told him.

"That's awesome. Anyway, just thought I'd come up to say 'hi' to you and tell you that your audition back in there was amazing. I don't think I know that song before," EJ complimented.

"Thanks. It's actually my song. I've wrote it myself a little while ago. I've been writing songs and singing them, and I even play guitar and piano," Ricky told a bit about herself.

"Wow! You're talented!" EJ gave out another compliment.

"Thank you," Ricki blushed.

"You know, I play a little guitar and piano too," EJ said.

"Really?" Ricki asked.

"Yeah," EJ replied.

Then they started walking while talking until they got outside of the school.

"Well, I gotta go find my friends now. But it was really nice talking to you, EJ," Ricki said.

"Yeah, you too, Ricki. And, um... I hope you get the part," EJ told her.

"Thanks. I hope you do too," Ricki said to him.

EJ blushed a little.

"'Kay. Bye," Ricki waved goodbye, though she was nervous.