RJ Caswen: Wait For Me

Ricky is pregnant and has been feeling alone. Well, he's not really alone. He has his friends taking good care of him while his husband, EJ, is serving in the army, which he has been doing since after he graduated high school. Ricky had already told EJ about the pregnancy before he got drafted, and they both have been sad because EJ has been missing out on a lot with Ricky and the baby. But by the time Ricky goes into labor, something surprising comes up ahead.

Title based on the song by Theory Of A Deadman
----------------------------
*prologue*

Ricky Caswen's life had not been always as easy while his husband, EJ was in the Navy, where he had been serving there for years. However, Ricky was not alone as he got his friends, including his cousin-in-law, Ashlyn, who would often take good care of him while EJ was gone. But he really wished the long-time love of his life was here with him.

Ricky and EJ had dated for the last couple of years while they were in high school. By the time they were at the end of their senior year, they were supposed to college, even if they would attend to different schools. Ricky got into Salt Lake Community College, but for EJ, he had tried to apply at a few colleges he looked into, but never got into any of those when he got the rejection letters. And then EJ saw something that caught his attention. There was an interest being held in Fort Jackson in Columbia, South Carolina. So, he decided to join the army.

EJ talked with his parents when they asked him on what he was going to do with his life. Then it came to a shock when EJ mentioned that he was going to join the army, and his parents tried to tell him that it might not be a great idea, which upsetted EJ. Then EJ's father, Cash, explained his side of the story about his grandfather, who was EJ's great-grandfather, who served in the military, and he died being a hero after saving the lieutenant's life. So, with EJ deciding to do something he had never even done before, he made a vow to honor his great-grandfather by carrying on with his legacy.

The next day, Ricky and EJ were talking about their future together not long after EJ got his rejection letters. Ricky tried to convince EJ that he could try to reapply, but then EJ did not want to wait anymore. So, he told Ricky he was going to join the navy after they graduate high school, and EJ told Ricky the story on his great-grandfather. Ricky got all furious and broke down into tears as he was going to find this difficult on how he was going to get through college without EJ there for him. But EJ told him that he was not going to be alone as long as he had everyone in his life, and he would always be thinking of him every day. Not long after they graduated high school, everyone gave out their goodbyes to EJ as he was being sent off. He even gave Ricky a special necklace with a message engraved onto the tag which said, "To my one and only true love. Even when we're two worlds apart, you'll always be closer to my heart. Love, EJ." Then, EJ got on the train and everyone was waving goodbye at him, and Ricky ran after the train as he watched it take EJ.

Ricky started college a few months later and everything in his life was going great, but he really missed EJ. After a little while, EJ was serving in the Naval Air Station Whidbey Island in Washington. So since then, they have written letters to each other and they could only video chat once in a while to catch each other up with their lives, and whenever Ricky would cry himself to sleep at night, he could remember some of the things EJ had told him. And whenever he would look out from the window of his dorm at night, he would look up at the stars and whisper, "I miss you, Eej. I wish you were here with me."

About two years later, Ricky graduated from SLCC, and EJ came home to surprise him. They then bought a house together with all the money Ricky had made from working at several jobs while he kept up with his classes at SLCC. But six months later, EJ was about to get drafted in two days and he hate how it would break Ricky's heart as they were going to be apart in distance like before. And that was when EJ asked Ricky to marry him. There was no wedding, so the next day, they went down to the courthouse and had their parents and close friends for the day, and they got a marriage license, exchanged rings to each other and were pronounced husbands. Then they went back to their house and held a get-together with their friends, which was the last time they hung out before EJ got drafted the next day.