RJ Caswen: I'll Stand by You Pt. 4

Note: Last moments of the Ricky's pregnancy before the birth of his and EJ's daughter. Plus, guess who's back!
-------------------------
*month 8*

Ricky and EJ were getting close to graduating high school and from welcoming their little girl. As their senior year was coming to an end for the two of them, Ricky and EJ had a plan on how they were going to raise the baby while they go to college. They both had recently applied to NYU in New York, where they had found an apartment that was close to the university after doing a lot of research.

This month, prom was coming up in a week and all the kids from school were going. Ricky had told his friends that he wasn't going to go because of the way everyone was still being judgmental of his baby bump whenever he would walk down the hallways at school. EJ agreed with Ricky due to his concern about this situation. The group was bummed out about how Ricky and EJ were not going to prom, so they couldn't be going without their friends.

And that was when Ashlyn came up with an idea. She decided to throw an anti-prom at her house for her friends, so Ricky would feel safe and comfortable. This could be Ricky's last chance in high school to do something with not just his friends but with the father of his unborn child before she would arrive.

At school, Ricky waddled up to his locker as Big Red went with him to help him grab a couple of books for one of his classes. Then Ricky saw a piece of folded paper falling out and it dropped to the floor.

"What is this?" Big Red asked.

"I don't know," Ricky said.

Then he was about to bend down to pick up the paper but Big Red stopped him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Careful, Ricky. Here, let me get that for you," Big Red offered.

Big Red bent down to pick up the paper and handed it to Ricky.

"Thanks, Red," Ricky replied.

Ricky unfolded the paper and there was a note from EJ that said:

Meet me up on the rooftop during our lunch period. There's something I need to ask you.

XOXO, EJ

Ricky smiled at the note and it was sweet of EJ leaving a note for him to meet up.

"That note from EJ?" Big Red asked.

Ricky nodded blushingly. Then he put the note away in his pocket and waddled to class as Big Red carried his books for him.
---------------------
*a few hours later: rooftop*

Ricky carefully managed to get up the stairs to the rooftop. He saw EJ standing over there and he went up to see him.

"EJ, what is this?" Ricky asked.

"It's an anti-promposal. For you," EJ started to explain.

Ricky was feeling confused.

"I know you said to everyone that we're going together to Ashlyn's for the anti-prom, but I haven't properly asked you. And since we're about to graduate soon and our daughter is about to be born, I wanna share these last moments of my high school life with you."

EJ pulled out his speaker connected to his phone and set up an instrumental version of "So Close" (that song from Enchanted, because I feel up for a romantic Disney song in this chapter) before he took Ricky's hands and pulled him a little closer to him, though Ricky's bump was poking EJ a bit but he didn't mind. Then he started to sing.

You're in my arms, and all the world is gone
The music playing on for only two
So close together, and when I'm with you
So close to feeling alive