RJ Caswen: I Won't Give Up Pt. 4

It was about 2:00 in the morning as Ricki and EJ were asleep in their bed. But then Ricki was moaning and she shifted herself as she was waking up. She adjusted herself to sit up, turned on the lamp, and flip over her side of the bedsheets to see a big, wet stain on her bed. Ricki was starting to feel confused about the wet stain, but then grabbed hold of her rounded stomach.

"Ah," Ricki felt a pain.

She looked over at EJ, who was still asleep. She gently shook him to wake him up.

"EJ? Eej?"

"H-Huh?" EJ groggled a bit as he was waking up. "Wh-What is it, babe?"

Ricki was about to speak, but she felt another pain in her stomach.

"Oh, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" Ricki held onto her stomach.

EJ was getting worried.

"Are you okay, Ricki?" he asked.

Ricki turned to face EJ.

"Eej?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I peed myself," Ricki pointed at the wet stain on her side of the bed.

EJ looked at the stain on the bed and then Ricki's pajama bottoms.

"I don't think that's pee. I think your water broke," EJ predicted.

"What?!" Ricki yelled in question before she started feeling more pain in her stomach.

"It's okay, Ri, it's okay. Just breathe. I got you, baby," EJ tried calming her and holding her.

Ricki started on her breathing.

"Eej, will you please go wake up my dad?" Ricki asked.

"Sure thing, sweetheart. I'll be right back," EJ said.

 EJ got up from the bed and went to get Mike. 

"Mike? Mike, wake up!" EJ shook Mike.

"Huh? Wha-- EJ, what is it?" Mike was waking up as he turned on his lamp.

"Ricki's going into labor! We need your help to get her the hospital!" EJ said.

"What?! Okay, okay. Let's go help Ricki!" Mike got out of bed.

EJ and Mike hustled as they helped Ricki. EJ gave his girlfriend some sweats to change into while Mike looked for the go-bag in the closet. When they were ready to go to the hospital, EJ and Mike helped Ricki into the car.
------------------------
*at the hospital*

The three arrived at the hospital about ten minutes later, and EJ escorted Ricki inside while Mike went to find a parking spot When they got to the front desk, the receptionist asked one of the nurses to bring Ricki a wheelchair while EJ filled out some paperwork. The nurse wheeled Ricki to the room with EJ following them. When they got to the room, Ricki changed out of her clothes and into her hospital gown, and she laid down on her hospital bed with a monitor hooked around her bump. 

Ricki felt every contraction, which hurt her real badly, and  she squeezed EJ's hand.

"Ooh, Eej, it hurts so bad!" Ricki said through gritted teeth.

"I know, Ri. You're doing amazing, and I'm so proud of you," EJ brushed her curly hair with his fingers..

Then Mike came into the room.

"Hey, honey. How are you holding up?" he asked.

Ricki let out a breath.

"Well Dad, it hurts like hell," Ricki said.