RJ Caswen: Prom Night, Baby!: Prologue

Summary: Ricky is pregnant with EJ's baby during their senior year, but as their senior prom approaches, Ricky is not comfortable with the idea of even going because of how scared he is as EJ and their friends are concern about what the other kids at their school are going to think of him. But Ricky agrees to go after EJ's promposal to him for as long as he has his loved ones on his side and EJ is there to protect while sharing their last moments as high school seniors together. But a little after EJ wins prom king and he enjoys his dance with Ricky, the magical night gets interrupted as Baby Caswen is on the way.
-----------------------
Senior year, the final year of high school for certain students to enjoy and witness their last moments before they move on to the future they often plan for. But this year for the senior year at East High was different, even for Ricky and EJ from the moment after they found out Ricky was pregnant.

Back before everything happened, Ricky and EJ had been friends since their freshman year of high school, and one of the things they had in common was they both loved music, even they both could play piano and guitar, and they could also sing. And then on, the two started to develop their feelings for each other, but they didn't tell them to each other until at the end of their sophomore year. After confessing each other's feelings, their love blossomed as they had begun dating during that summer. They were remained together, even throughout since their junior year. In between the events of their love life, they didn't tell their families and friends about their relationship until then.

On one hand, when Ricky told his parents, who since have been divorced, that he was bisexual, and they were very loving and supportive for their son. As for EJ, he told his parents that he was also bi, but sadly, his dad didn't take the news well like how his mom did. So, EJ moved out of his house and he went to live with his cousin, Ashlyn at her house after her parents, who were also his aunt and uncle, said it was okay since after Ashlyn was the first person EJ came out to, and she was proud of him.

On the other hand, their friends were very supportive on their relationship as some of them were part of the mini LGTBQ community in their friend group:

- Nini and Gina came out as lesbians and became a couple, but unfortunately, they then broke up after Nini moved out of Salt Lake at the end of school year and to L.A. to pursue a music career. But then, Gina got a new girlfriend, and she was happy.

- Carlos and Seb had been together since they were sophomores after how they have had been in love with each other for a long time, even back when they were kids.

- Not long after she and Big Red had broken up, Ashlyn had started dating Maddox, who was one of EJ's close friends since his childhood and in the same year of school as him and Ricky.

- And like Ricky and EJ, Big Red was also bisexual himself, and he had been in a relationship with a guy named Andy, formally known as Antoine, who was a student at North High. He had a fake French accent, and he got a bit flirty to Ashlyn where Big Red's jealousy thrusted upon him. And it was until Andy revealed himself with his real name and for the fact he was a method actor and always had a crush on Big Red somewhere in between life events at the point. And so on, they had been together since then.

(It was revealed in the series finale of the show, and I re-read about it on Antoine's page of the HSMTMTS Wiki Fandom page just to refresh my memory.)

- Emmy had gotten a boyfriend herself since she was a freshman and he was a sophomore, which meant the couple were a year apart from their school years.

During their junior year, Ricky and EJ had been very happy together. But Lily, a popular girl at school whom EJ used to date until he broke up with her, was very naive and manipulative as she would be like they were still dating. EJ would try to tell Lily to leave him and Ricky alone whenever he tried to tell her they weren't together anymore, but she was in too much of denial. Ricky was worried that EJ was going to leave him and go back to Lily, but EJ told him it was never going to happen, because she did not mean anything to him anymore like she never did due to the fact on her ways of how she had mistreated him and any of the other students around the school. And from then on, Ricky had always believed EJ as they both ignored Lily every time they see her in any of the classrooms they were in or when they walked by in the school halls.