RJ Caswen: Sweethearts Pt. 1

Summary: The story of Ricky Bowen and EJ Caswell who went from being best friends since they were children to boyfriends in high school, and how something unexpectedly started to change lives forever during their senior year.
--------------------
*how their story began*

It was a nice, sunny afternoon, especially during in the summertime, where in Salt Lake City, seven-year-old Ricky Bowen went to the park with his father, Mike. Ricky's mother, Lynne, couldn't take him because she had to stay back and do some housework. Ricky brought his skateboard with him to skate around the park and he put on his helmet and padding after he and Mike arrived.

"Okay Ricky, be careful and stay close where I can see you. I'll be right here when you need me," Mike told his son.

"Okay, Dad," Ricky said.

Then Ricky skated off as Mike sat on a bench where he started to read his book. While skating, Ricky was doing a few tricks on his board. He had been skateboarding for about a year and it took him a little practice as he had gotten good at it. He was practicing a new board trick, but failed when he ended up falling down on his front side.

"Hey, are you okay?" a voice asked.

Ricky looked up to see who was talking to him, and it was a boy. A boy who had dark brown hair and greenish-blue eyes. Ricky almost could not speak for a second as he gushed over the boy.

"Y-Yeah. I, uh... fell down," Ricky chuckled in embarrassment.

"Here, let me help you up," the boy stuck out his hand.

Ricky grabbed the boy's hand and he was back up on his feet.

"Thanks," Ricky said.

"You're welcome. It was so cool with the way you did tricks on your skateboard," the boy complimented.

"Thanks. Do you skateboard too?" Ricky asked.

"No, but I've been seeing what it's been like and I wondered it would be like if I tried it," the boy stated.

Then Ricky saw a basketball the boy was holding onto in his hand to his hip.

"You play basketball?" Ricky asked.

"Uh, yeah. Sometimes, I would come here to shoot some hoops. Basketball is my favorite sport," the boy explained.

"Mine too. I'm often against my dad whenever he and I play at home sometimes, and it's fun," Ricky said.

"Awesome. Hey, you wanna play me?" the boy asked.

"Yeah. And maybe I could teach you how to skateboard if you like," Ricky added a suggestion.

"Sure, I'd like that," the boy said.

"I'm Ricky, by the way," Ricky introduced himself.

"I'm EJ," EJ introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you, EJ," Ricky said.

"And you, Ricky. So how old are you?" EJ asked.

"I turned seven recently. I had a birthday a few weeks ago," Ricky said.

"Wow! That's how old I am. But I'll be turning eight in the fall," EJ replied.

"So that can only mean you're a year older than me," Ricky said.

The boys shared a laugh before they started playing together.

And so on, their friendship had begun.
--------------------------
*ten years later*

Ricky and EJ's relationship had stay strong over the last ten years as the two were inseparable.

After meeting at the park, Ricky and EJ were introduced to each other's dads, who then often scheduled playdates for them, and the two had been best friends since then. They would play basketball, they would invite each other to their houses to play video games, Ricky had been teaching EJ a few tricks on a skateboard, and they play music to each other and together. Back before they met, Ricky and EJ became musicians at their young ages perspectively and they knew how the two play guitar, ukulele and piano.