1. Pilot: part 1

It was a cold autumn morning and me and my sister, Rory, were walking to meet our mother at Luke's. After only a couple of minutes, we reached Luke's and I could already smell coffee.

"Hey, it's freezing." My sister said to our mother, Lorelai, whilst I agreed.

"Oh, what do you need? Hot tea, coffee?" Mom questioned.

"Oh, a nice cup of coffee would be nice." I said whilst picturing a warm cup of coffee in my hands.

"Lip gloss"

"Aha. I have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and toasted marshmallow." Mom said whilst getting them out.

"Toasted marshmallow please!" I quickly took it. Once I put it on, I put it in my bag, hoping mom wouldn't see.

"I'm never going to see that again am I?" Mom questioned as I shook my head at her.

"Anything in there not resembling a breakfast cereal?"

"Yes. It has no smell but it changes colours with your mood."

"God! RuPaul doesn't need this much makeup!" Rory said with an annoyed tone.

"Wow, you're crabby." I stated whilst getting a book out of my bag.

"I'm sorry. I lost my Macy Gray CD and I need caffeine." I gasped looking up at her from my book as it was my CD.

"Hey. That was my CD!"

"I have your CD" Mom told us as she got it out of her bag.

"Thief" Me and Rory both said at the same time.

"Sorry. I'll go get both of you some coffee." Mom smiled at us before walking over towards Luke.

Me and Rory sit and talk about the book I was reading and asked if she could read it after I was finished with it. I was explaining the plot of it until a guy showed up at our table.
"Hi. I'm joey." He, who we now know is Joey, said.

"Hi Joey, are you new around here? I've never seen you before." I asked, trying to be polite.

"Yeah, I've never been through here before." Joey confirms as I see mom approach us.

"Oh, you have too."

"Oh, hi!" He replies to mom.

"Oh, hi. You really like my table don't you?"

"I was just, uh..." Joey stutters whilst thinking.

"Getting to know my daughters." Mom says whilst putting her hand on our shoulders.

"Your..." he begins to look between us and mom, clearly confused.

"Are you our new daddy?" I asked jokingly. Me and Rory silently high five under the table.

"Wow! You do not look old enough to have a daughter, let alone two. No, I mean it. And.. and you do not look like daughters." He said, which made me very confused, how do we not look like daughters?

"That is possibly very sweet of you, thanks."

"So, daughters?" He asks and we all nod our heads."You know, I am travelling with friends." He asks. I automatically know exactly where this is going.

"They're sixteen" mom replies before I can say it.

"Bye." He said abruptly before grabbing his friends and running out.

"Drive safe" I sarcastically said as they walked out.

~~~~~~~At The Independence Inn~~~~~~~

Me and Rory decided to go to the inn where mom works to see if we could work any shifts.
When we walk in, I see mom on the phone at the front desk.