19. Love & war & snow: part 2

"So mom do you want to see the pictures?" I ask her and she gets excited.

"Yes! I need to!" She says and laughs

"Okay well, here." I say and hand her my scan picture.

"Hon, why do you have the scan of you and Rory? This is a scan of twins." She asks me

"That not me and Rory mom." I say

"Wait... does that mean?" She starts

"Mom, I'm having twins." I say and hug her

"Oh my god! Twins? Are you sure?" She asks and starts crying.

"I'm 100% positive. My god, twins!" I say, crying with her now.

"I can't believe you are having twins."

"I know, tell me about it. I should of had it coming, I mean, I'm a twin."

"You wait until you tell Rory, she is going to be so happy."

"Hey mom, guess what?" I say looking out the window.

"What hon?"

"It's snowing." I say and smile

"Oh my god, we were right. We're always right." Mom says and smiles too.

"Oh I'll get that." Mom says as she gets the phone.

"Hi mom." Mom starts

"Have you seen the news?" Grandma asks mom

"Ever?"

"A bad storm is heading your way. It's already hitting us here."

"We'll, don't panic, I'll get the ark, you get the animals." Mom says sarcastically.

"I've just sent lance to pick up Rory from school. The roads are terrible, black ice everywhere. It's just a mess out there, I hate this kind of weather. So anyhow, what time will you and Tori get here. I hear that she wasn't at school today, is she sick again. Seems like she's always sick." Grandma says and I roll my eyes. I am dreading telling grandma and grandpa.

"Gee mom, let me see. Black ice, treacherous roads, I guess I'll just put in my red, white and blue leotard, grab my golden lasso and fly to invisible plane on over." Mom says and laugh.

"You are not coming." Grandma states unimpressed.

"Well, zif it's as bad as you say it is, I don't know how I am gonna get there."

"I guess it'll just be the three of us then." Grandma says sighing.

"I guess so."

"And Rory should probably spend the night tonight also. And I'd It's still bad tomorrow-" grandma begins but mom cuts her of.

"-mom why don't you wait and see what the weather does before you fill out a change of address card for her?" Mom says and I go upstairs to get ready for my shift at Luke's.

"Alright mom, I'm gonna get to Luke's for my shift. I'll make sure that I bring you a coffee home." I shout whilst putting my boots on.

"Okay hon, I'm going out too, I'll just walk around the town because of the snow, how about we walk there together?" Mom suggests

"Yeah, that would be nice."

"Okay, see you later mom. Lucas, I'm going inside." I say and kiss mom in the head.

"See you later hon, bring me home a coffee okay?" Mom asks and I nod my head yes.

"Tori, can you get some coffees ready, I'm gonna take them out for the ridiculous men that are standing out there in the snow." Luke says as he walks behind the counter to help me.