87. Back in the saddle again: part 1

A/N: Not proof read

"So, grandpa, how is your car coming along?" I ask grandpa.

He recently bought an old car that he was doing up. He seemed to be liking his new hobby as he got bored of the old one, oil painting. Grandma, however, hated it. Apparently it has been a horrible couple of weeks for her.

"The car has a mind of its own. As I turned to leave it earlier today, it began spraying green solution at me." Grandpa explains and Mia decided to make a horrible noise that sounded like she was agreeing with grandpa. "Indeed Mia."

"The dinner is amazing Emily, Richard." Tristan compliments

"Thank you Tristan. I'm glad you are enjoying it." Grandma smiles at Tristan. "Tori, why aren't you eating?"

"I'm sure the dinner is lovely, I would love to eat it, but I don't think the baby wants to." I say as I was nearly running to the toilet to throw up.

This pregnancy really made my diet different. Most things I ate made me nauseous or throw up.

I didn't have this with the twins, I only had morning sickness with them. However, this one was really different. I was not only suffering with sickness in the morning, but all throughout the day.

"Oh, tori, if you need to excuse your self, we completely understand. Do you want us to get the chef to make something else?" Grandpa questions

"No, it's okay thank you grandpa. I'll just have some water if that's okay."

"We'll get you some now." Grandma stands up to get me some.

"Thank you grandma."

"So, do you know how your mother and sister are?" Grandpa asks

"Rory is good, I meet her at Luke's quite often. She loves seeing the girls and the girls love seeing her. Rory is a really good Aunty. Mom and I haven't really spoken, and I'm glad about it." I respond

"We know Rory loves being an Aunty. Every time she mentions Charlie and Mia her face beams with a smile. She loves them girls." Grandma smiles as she looks over at the girls. "Just like we do."

"They love you too." I pause. "Excuse me, can I quickly—" I jump out of my chair and run to the bathroom, my hands over my mouth.

I hear footsteps follow me and when I throw my head over the toilet, I feel a hand rub my back. I could tell it wasn't a man's hand so it must have been grandma.

Once I had finished I lean my head against the wall and grandma fills me a cup of water.

"Thank you grandma." I thank her

"You know, your mother was the same. She was constantly throwing up and we tried to help, but she wouldn't accept it. She was so stubborn, like you." Grandma chuckles.

"Most people say I remind them of her. My looks, my personality." I laugh slightly

"She misses you. Rory was talking about you at last Friday night dinner and I looked over at Lorelai and she was nearly in tears." Grandma tells me

"I miss her too grandma, but she really hurt me and not only me, but Tristan too." I say, getting emotional.

"I know, and it's hard to forgive people, but sometimes you have to." Grandma states. I didn't think she was the type of woman to give out advice like that.

"I know but I just can't bring myself to do it." I break down crying. "I miss mom and I miss not crossing the streets when I see her. It is making life so difficult, like I'm trying to avoid everywhere where she would be. I still have a box of books in the garage and I can't go and get it because of mom being there." I continue to cry.