15. Kiss and tell: part 2

"Okay we have to be really quick because the video store is gonna close so stick to our list. No impulse buying like toothpaste or soap." Mom says as she walks towards the door of the supermarket.

Rory then seems to freeze and me and mom know why she has.

"Rory?" I ask her softly.

"Hey, you know what? I think we have enough stuff to eat at home." Rory quickly says.

"Really? Where do you live? The home we left had nothing." Mom says gesturing to me and her.

"We're ordering pizza. That's enough."

"Are you crazy! You can't watch 'willy wonka' without massive amounts of junk food! It's not right, I won't allow it. We're going in." Mom exclaims. Still Rory stands there, as if frozen to the floor. "Rory it is fine." Mom encourages her.

"It's too weird." She says

"I'm gonna have to meet him eventually. It's unfair, Tori already has."

"Okay, how about next year?" Rory questions

"I'm gonna be so cool in there, you will mistake me for shaft." Mom says

"There will be no interrogation, No kissing noises, no stories from childhood, no referring to Chicago as 'chitown', no James Dean jokes, no father with the shotgun stares, no Nancy walked impressions-" Rory goes on and on and then mom cites her off.

"-oh come on!"

"Promise me? The both of you." Rory asks

"I really and truly promise." Mom says and looks at me.

"Tori?"

"Mom, Rory, I don't think I'm gonna go in. Everyone is staring." I say as I notice even more people staring at me. The news of my pregnancy really had spread like wildfire. I knew I had to reveal at some point but when I was ready to.

"Hon, you're gonna have to face it at some point. If you get it over now, you won't have to worry. Please." Mom says and side hugs me. Mom is the only person who knows what I am going through. I am so grateful for her.

I think for a moment before finally agree and nodding my head.

"Now can we please go to the market?" Mom questions

"Okay." Me and Rory say after sighing.

"I don't see him." Rory points out to us.

"Alright, we'll, maybe he's on a break." Mom suggests

"Yeah, yeah, maybe he is on a break. Okay, good, so we can shop."

"Yeah." Me and mom say

"Do we want marshmallows?" Rory asks

"Mmm, and jelly beans and chocolate kisses. Cookie dough we have at home. Peanut butter. Ooh! Do you think they have that thing that's got the sugar stick on one side, and you dip it in the sugar on the other side?" Mom says getting everything off of the shelves.