16. Kiss and tell: part 3

Me, Rory and mom are all sat on the couch waiting for Dean to show up but he hasn't just yet.

"What time did you tell him to get here?" Rory questions, breaking the silence.

"7:00" mom responds

"Maybe something happened. Maybe he's not coming." Rory suggests

"Maybe he's just late, miss German train." Mom suggest stating the obvious. She then gets up and looks out the window. "Oops." She says

"What?" Me and Rory say as we get up to look.

"They've got Dean." Rory says as we see Babette and Morey talking to him.

"Wait here." Mom tells us as she walks away.

We then see mom run outside and rescue Dean.

"Oh Tori, come here for a sec sugar." Babette says as she sees me in the window.

"Hey Babette, what do you what?" I ask sweetly as I walk out side, passing mom as she walks inside.

"I heard the news. Aww, sugar, me and Morey are always here for you, aren't we Morey?" Babette shouts

"We sure are." I hear Morey say

"Thanks you guys, I'm mixed emotions at the minute and so it means a lot." I say and hug Babette, I know she always means well. "Anyway, I should go, I'm quite tired." I say and walk away.

"Bye bye sugar!"

"Hey, what did Babette want?" Mom asks me, mainly to break the silence going on between her, Rory and Dean.

"She heard the news." I say sadly

"Oh, what news? I mean everybody had been whispering and everything but I haven't actually found out." Dean asks curiously.

"Oh, umm, I'm pregnant." I quietly say, it just feels weird saying that.

"Oh, well, I guess, congratulations?" He says awkwardly.

"So Dean, how do like it here in stars hollow?" Mom asks him, smiling at me, knowing that she just saved a really awkward moment.

"I like it. Its quiet but nice. I like all the trees everywhere." He says genuinely smiling.

"Yeah, the trees here are something. Um, when Rory was little, she found out that one was called a weeping willow, and so she spent hours trying to cheer it up, you know like telling it jokes and-" mom begins to say until she sees Rory's face "-oh sorry, that was Tori, not Rory."

"Y-yeah, yeah, that was me." I say trying to make it believable.

"Would you like a tour of the house?" Mom asks him, changing the subject.

"Okay."

"Okay, so this is the living room, where we do our living. And, um, upstairs is mine and Tori's room and the good bathroom. And, uh..." mom says until she sees Rory's face telling her to turn the photo frames downwards. "And the kitchen is right through here. You ever heard a fridge yodel before?"

"Thank you." Rory says quietly to mom.

"You're welcome."

"We'll, you have your basics,microwave for popcorn, stove for storing shoes, refrigerator which is completely worthless." Mom completes as we walk through to the kitchen.

"Interesting." Dean says as the doorbell goes.

"Oh, I'll go get that. Rory, you take over as your guide, make sure you show him all the emergency exits and Tori, you get yeh dvd all ready." Mom says as she walks towards the door.