86. Dead uncles and vegetables

"Victoria, Tristan, it's quite early for a first scan but because of your age, we decided to do it early. So, of course you know how everything works. I'm going to put this cold gel on your abdomen and we are going to see you're baby. Do you by any chance know how far along you are?" The doctor asks us

We were at our first scan. I had called them up to book an appointment and they decided to see me earlier.

"If I had to guess, around 5, maybe 6 weeks." I look up at Tristan for confirmation.

"Yeah, around 6 weeks." Tristan states

"Okay, then we should be able to see your baby right there." The doctor points to a baby shaped thing on the screen.

"That's our baby." Tristan kisses my forehead and whispers.

"That is." I mutter back, not taking my eyes off of the screen. "Not twins this time, right?"

"Not so far. Because you're early on in the pregnancy, it's hard to tell but so far, only one baby." The doctor explains

"Okay, good. As much as I love having twins, it's so much hard work." I laugh

"Would you like me to print off some pictures for you?"

"Yes please, that would be great." I smile and the doctor walks off. "I can't believe that is our baby."

I was at my afternoon shift at Luke's and Caesar was off today meaning it was packed downstairs and it didn't help that I was on a phone call. Luke's uncle died and he needed to call the funeral place but Luke was too busy to be put on hold so I offered to be on hold for him.

"Can I get another cup of coffee?" I hear a lady shout.

"In a minute." I yell in response.

"More coffee here, please." A man yells

"Is that my food?" Another man shouts

"In a minute!" Luke states.

I take two plates in my hand as I begin to wander around the tables giving people their meals. And if it couldn't get any worse, I see mom and Rory enter. Rory wasn't the problem, it was mom.

"More coffee for me too." Kirk tells me

"Shut up, Kirk." I hiss

"Is that my food?!" A local stars hollow guy shouts at Luke.

"Yes, Sy, that's your food." Luke admits as I begins to walk around with plates, still on the phone which meant the wire was going everywhere I went.

"Well, can I have it?" Sy asks

"I'm doing all I can here." Luke admits

"I asked nicely." Sy points out

"Watch the cord, tori!" Luke tells him

"Tell everyone to duck!" I command

"You should update to a cordless." Kirk suggests as I walk back into the kitchen and then out of the kitchen with three plates in my arm.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mom questions me as I walk past them.

"Hi Rory, how was school today?" I ask her, ignoring mom, but nearly drop a plate so Rory takes them. "I'm on the phone."

"I noticed." Rory states

"I can't serve and be on the phone." I say to Rory, not looking at mom.

"I noticed too." Rory continues

"But your reenactment of the female version of jerry Lewis in 'the diner guy' is gonna wow the critics." Mom jokes and I just look at her and ignore her comment.