116. Lorelai out of water

"You agreed to go fishing as a date?" I asked mom as she explains the story with her date, Alex.

"Yes. God, I'm so stupid!" Mom face palmed herself, annoyed at herself.

"You could be really good at it." I say, thinking of the positives.

"What an earth do I know about fishing?" Mom asks, sighing as she sits down next to me, gesturing for her to hold Jack.

"He's sleeping, don't wake him up." I warn mom, passing him over to mom. He's stirs a bit but settles down on mom's chest. "Hey, I tell you what. I'll go to the library and get some books about fishing for you. Then you can learn and study."

"Thanks, hon."

————————

"Oh! Yay! Thank god!" Mom claps as I enter Luke's later on that night.

I had told mom I'd meet her at six and it was now quarter past six.

"Sorry. Didn't luke keep you company?" I ask her, planting the books on the table in front of her.

"He tried but really, he's got nothing." Mom shrugs, and opens a book.

"Look. I've got to go. Jacks due a feed in about five minutes but I was already late and I didn't want let you down. Perfect timing. Hi, Ror." I say, hugging Rory as she entered Luke's before hugging mom and walking out.

————————

"How's the fishing go?" I ask mom whilst we have coffee at Luke's.

Rory had jack in her arms whilst the girls sat next to us having some juice.

"She brought a fish home. Jayne. Jayne Mansfield." Rory tells me

"I did. She's a gorgeous fish. But yeah, the fishing was good. The lake was beautiful."

"That's good. I'm glad you enjoyed it. So you meeting him again?"

"Yeah. We've made plans to meet again." Mom explains

"Have you met him yet?" I questions Rory and she nods.

"He seems nice." Rory tells me

"Good."