84. Theres the rub

A/N: Not proof read

I was on my way to Luke's to get some breakfast, it was no further than the old house so it took around the same time to walk there.

All of a sudden Babette and Miss Patty come running up to me.

"Sugar, is a True that you've had a drift with your mom?" Babette asks me

"It's true." I say, kinda sadly. I hated admitting it.

"Oh, my god! That can't happen! The Gilmore girls don't argue! And if you did it must be for a reasonable reason. What happened?"

"It's quite private at the minute but you'll soon find out." I explain

"I can't believe this! And you and Rory? Are you still talking?" Miss patty questions

"Yes, me and Rory are still talking." I respond

"Good. If I found out the Gilmore twins weren't talking, I think I'd pass out." Babette exaggerates

"Okay, well, I should be on my way. Have a good day Babette, miss patty." I greet them off and begin my journey again.

When I get to Luke's, I see that it was under construction. Apparently, I heard, he was redoing the upstairs.

I look inside the windows before entering and see mom and Rory sat at on one the tables.

I roll my eyes and walk back the other way. I wasn't in the middle to see mom.

"Tori, come on! I'm sorry, okay? Just don't not come in because Im in here." Mom shouts from across the road at Luke's.

I just look at her with a sad look on my face and ignore her.

I decided to go to Doose's market to waste time until they were finished at Luke's.

I got some oranges, I was gonna need them over the next nine months, and I got all the essentials to stock up on in the cupboards.

When I returned to Luke's, I saw mom and Rory gone, which was good as it meant I could go in.

"Morning, Lucas."

"Good morning, tori. Hey, is it true? I mean, you and your mom never argue. Oh, and also, I would suggest moving. Someone sat there earlier and a piece of roof went in the meal."

"It's true." I reveal

"Wow. Never in my life would I say that you and your mom aren't talking. Wow." He says
"Well, what can I get you?"

"I'll take one tea, one coffee, and two pancakes to go, please." I state

"Tea? Who wants tea?"

"Me. I just fancied it this morning." I lie. This was going to be a sad 9 months without coffee.

"Woah, you, not having coffee? What is this?" He asks

"Like I Said, I Just fancied tea." I repeat. "Luke, whilst I'm hear. Can I talk to you about raising my hours again so I work here more. I know we dropped them because of the girls, but Tristan can look after them more." I change the topic.

"You can have whatever hours you want. I always need help." Luke justifies

"Thank you, Luke. I was thinking an hour or two on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and sometimes on a Saturday." I explain

Just then, I feel someone standing behind me and see an umbrella. I look back and Jess was offering me an umbrella so dust doesn't get on me.

"Thanks." I say to him before he walks out the door.