𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗜𝗚𝗛

•••

Right now I was sat with my neighbour's, they were three young-ish men, one sister and one of their fiancé's and I honestly loved them.

Their home was familiar to me, I used to come here at least once a week, now that I'm older I hadn't been here in a while but the scents from the kitchen were ones I remembered so well.

They had always looked after me as a kid, always looked out for my mom too once they had grown up enough to do so.

They're the exact reason why we never had any problems on this street, why we had no break-ins, robbery's, destruction of property. Nothing.

"Listen little Ross, we know you've been friends with him for some time, with the amount of times he's spent at yours, we've basically watched him grow up too" The oldest started.

I just hum in response, not too sure where this conversation was coming from, but i didn't like where it was going regardless.

"But you need to be careful with him Nyx, he may be sweet and soft but all men can be violent" he finishes.

"What are you trying to say?" I ask, slightly confused. I understand what they were saying but not why they were saying it.

"Just be careful, he can be dangerous okay?"

"I love you guys, truly, but I don't think you know him well enough to be saying that, Charlie would never hurt me"

"I just hope for your sake, that you're right" he shoots me a pitiful smile.

Shortly after I sent Charlie a text, asking him to pick me up, of course he said he would and that he wouldn't be long.

One thing about Charlie is that if he's late, it's because he wants to be, he can make a forty minute drive turn into a fifteen minute drive.

It was lightly raining outside, the sky was grey with clouds and I could tell the weather would only get worse.

I stood with my hood up on the side of the road, letting the rain drops fall on me, eventually soaking my hoodie.

I had always liked the rain, even walking in it never really bothered me. Everything about it was calming, even the heaviest of downpours had me feeling soothed. Sometimes I even chose to walk to or from school in torrents of rain just so I could feel it's drops on my face.

This time was no different, I wanted it to soak me, make me cold, dampen my hair. Remind me of a feeling I hadn't felt in so long.

The screeching of tyres pulled me out my thoughts, before I could comprehend what I was doing my muscle memory kicked in and I was sliding into the less than familiar seats of Charlie's dad's car.

"Why on earth were you waiting in the rain?" He asks, looking confused, "they have a front porch you know?"

"I know, i just like the rain" i say looking out the window, watching people dodge the rain with umbrellas and hoods as we passed by.

"Sometimes I worry about you" he shakes his head with a smile, turning the heating of the car all the way up in his attempt of drying me off.