𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗔𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗛

•••

Charlie was begging me to hear him out and I wanted to listen. I knew I had slightly overreacted and it wasn't  his fault entirely.

It couldn't be.

It seemed too perfect.

Scarlet not being there when I showed up.

Parker being Connor's friend and knowing about what happened the night before.

None of it sat well with me.

I wanted to tell him that we could talk, I was willing to listen, but when I opened my mouth the very few words I got out were silenced by the piercing sirens that pulled into the car park.

It never dawned on me that they would be here for Charlie, not until they started to place him in handcuffs.

"Charlie King, I am arresting you under the suspicion of aggravated assault and battery" The scrawny officer spoke.

I choked.

I let out a sob and the tears fell faster than ever before.

Charlie thrashed against the cuffs and the man placing him in them, my legs carried me to him, I wanted to tell him I forgave him and I knew he'd be okay, and more importantly, soothe his worries, tell him I'd be okay.

For a small moment we locked eyes and I could see the thousands of thoughts running through his head and the million things he wanted to say.

But that moment was cut short as his body was made to collide with the hood of his car, enough force used that I thought the car would even sustain damage.

Charlie's rights were still being read to him, but the officer's voice was like an annoying buzz in my ears, i just wanted to tell him to shut the fuck up.

I continued to sob, tears pathetically dribbling from my eyes when Charlie promised, "it'll be okay munch"

He was pulled up and slammed back into the hood of his car harder than before, winding him.

I closed the distance between Charlie and I, my legs working hard not to give way from underneath me.

"Don't touch him" I sobbed

"M'am I'm going to have to ask you to step back" the lanky officer from before told me.

"Don't fucking touch him!" I cried again after watching the bigger man use more for than needed on Charlie, who was writhing under him.

The officer shoved me back, making me stumble. It was Charlie's turn to shout. The words he spoke would make a sailor look tame as he shouted them with great aggression, resisting against the cuffs with as much force as he could.

But right after that his body was removed from the car and slammed against the gravel floor of the school parking lot.

The plump man pressed his face into the gravel below.