𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗘𝗫𝗧

•••

It didn't take me too long to realise the bed was empty and slightly colder when I woke up. Charlie was long gone.

Not even opening my eyes, I slap my hand around the bed side table trying to find my phone to text him.

It wasn't until I nearly knocked something over that I actually bothered looking at all, seeing a flask and a post it note attached.

Charlie's boyish handwriting wrote:

"Sorry I had to leave, work called.
help yourself to food or anything and i'll see you tonight munch x

- CK"

Charlie signed his initials at the bottom in his messy cursive, something he's done on every single note he's ever given me.

I planned on staying in bed a little longer even though it was well past noon.

Relishing in the warmth and comfort of Charlie's expensive bed, i was pulled out my thoughts as a text came through, disturbing the comfortable silence that I've allowed to form.

I wholeheartedly expected it to be Charlie.

Unknown number:
Are you free?

Me:
I don't have this number saved?

Unknown number:
Ouch

Its parker

Molly's brother if that makes it any easier.

Me:
I understand who Parker is

Why do you want to know if I'm free?

I really wanted to ask how he even got my number but i guess not knowing is for the best. I just hope he got it from Molly. Nevertheless, i saved his number to my contacts.

Molly's brother:
I need help picking Molly's Christmas present.

Me:
And I was your first choice because?

Molly's brother:
Please?

Me:
Fine

Maybe it was a choice that I'd soon come to regret, but right now I needed to get ready.

I quickly showered, the entire time my mind was flooded with small flashbacks of my time with Charlie last night.

His personality around me is so polarising compared to how he acts around everyone else, sometimes I really do wonder how he feels about me, surely just friends don't act like this.

Even going though we're going on dates, we've never officially said we're anything more.

We're just stuck in some kind of limbo between less than lovers but more than friends and it's driving me crazy not knowing where we truly stand.