𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘

𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗

•••

In war there is no such thing as an unwounded soldier.

But this wasn't war, it was love.

So why didn't it feel as such?

I felt emotionally battered, left scarred both physically and mentally from the turmoil that was Charlie and I.

He's spent four and half months in whichever prison he was sent to.

Twenty weeks.

I hadn't the heart to ask which one and I hadn't visited him. I couldn't. I wasn't emotionally strong enough to do it, no matter how much I cared for him or how much I wanted to tell him I forgave him and that I'm the one who should be sorry.

That I love him too.

I still had the fucking godforsaken flowers on my desk. Almost having a complete and utter breakdown when my mum offered to throw them out for me. They were the last thing i would ever get from him for the next two years.

I could wait two years for him, I'd wait ten if it meant being with him.

But the question was would he want me in two years? Two years in a cell with nothing to do but think is a long time.

More than enough time for him to decide he hates me, to never want to see me again.

"Stop doing that" Alex sighed.

I stop staring out at the distance and brought my mind back to reality, looking at the two boys who sat opposite me at the lunch table with sullen expressions.

"Doing what?"

"Looking sad and pathetic"

"I don't look sad and pathetic" i tut, kissing my teeth.

He gave me a pointed look, daring me to challenge him.

"I look sad and pathetic" i mumbled, putting my head down to look at my fingers in my lap.

"He'll be out soon enough" He tries to comfort me but it almost has the opposite effect.

"What, when he's nineteen?" I scoff, snapping my head to look at him with a glare.

"Well he'll barely be nineteen, maybe eighteen with good behaviour"

It was my turn to give him a pointed look.

Alex holds his hands up to me, showing innocence, "i was just trying to make you smile"

"Yeah and how did that work out?" I bite.

"Not very well, obviously"

"Alex, leave the poor girl alone" Noah finally butts in.

"I'm just trying to cheer her up"

"Well maybe stop trying" Noah snaps, sounding cold.