𝗧𝗘𝗡

𝗧𝗘𝗡 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

•••

School was different for me back when Brooklyn was here. I had friends. Or well I had her and I had Charlie.

Separately, of course.

I was also on a conversation basis with her friends and would almost always go out with them on a weekend.

The summer before she left was probably one of the best summers, I spent days and nights with her and the in between with Charlie.

We got golden tans from the hours we spent out in the sun, I had pierced her ears and my own belly button out of impulse, and of course she was all for it.

As a 'I'm sorry I'm going away and didn't tell you until three months before' gift she bought us both tickets to a near by festival.

But of course that summer couldn't last forever and soon she moved to the east coast and I returned to the school, this time it was much quieter.

Unlike it is now.

But of course It wasn't always whispers, faint voices that travel through the high school hallways calling me a whore.

It wasn't always girls starting rumours and boys trying to fuck me.

Or maybe that last part is only half true.

The boys here will try to fuck anything with a pulse.

But it certainly wasn't always me breaking a footballer's nose at a party and it definitely wasn't me reeking havoc in lessons with Charlie and Noah.

It was fourth period, chemistry and Charlie, Noah and I had grouped together for the experiment.

I mean, personally I didn't know what the teacher had told us to do because chemistry is just one of those lessons that I never know what's happening, but i knew that what we are doing is definitely not what we was told.

Noah had took sulphur from the chemistry lab, and began burning it, creating this horrid smell.

Little did we know that that smell would lead to the entire class coughing up a lung and being evacuated.

All thirty off us stood in a line, backs against the wall along the corridor.

"Whoever burnt the sulphur better step up before the whole class is reprimanded for it" Miss Clarkson spoke in her southern accent.

Charlie and I kept a straight face, however this seemed all too difficult for Noah.

"Mr Wilson, something you'd like to share?" She raised an eyebrow with possibly the most unimpressed face I ever did see.

Noah couldn't suppress his laughter and let the most hearty laugh out, it was loud and echoed down the hallway, soon enough he was wiping tears out of his eyes and Charlie and I had joined in laughing as some students were still coughing.

"I suppose it was you three who burnt all the schools sulphur" her judgemental tired brown eyes scanned the three of us, Charlies arm draped over my shoulder as i leant on him for support and Noah was crouched over in hysterics. "Noah, I expected this from you, and I'm not surprised that you're involved Charlie" she began, the three of us beginning to sober up "but you, Nyx, I'm surprised"