𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗬

•••

I groan getting out of bed, somewhere along the way I've slipped my ribs again. It's something that happens more often than it probably should, and each time the pain doesn't get any easier, but that was something I've learnt to manage.

Or ignore

The pain usually lasts for days and even something like laughing is painful so I know I'm in for a rough for days.

Each time I move my torso the sharp pain sears through my side, making me contort my face in pain and hold the area as if that would help.

Not to mention I have a constant, dull, back pain.

I root through my bedside draw, in search of any strong painkillers, finding my codeine in the unorganised mess. Swallowing two with the three day old bottle of water left on the desk.

I lay myself back down into the comfort of my bed and close my eyes, hoping those few minutes of quietness will help dull the pain and aid the painkillers since missing school definitely wasn't an option given how much I've skipped with Charlie recently.

My attendance was bad enough as it is.

Getting ready for school was no easy feat but the shower definitely helped me sooth the pain of my ribs. Either that or the codeine was doing it's job.

My hair was a mess of long tangles so I quickly brushed through it before spraying it with water so my hair curls rather than staying frizzy from the brush.

I finish up with lip gloss as I did my make up prior to showering.

Both my dogs were eyeing me up, I'm beginning to think they have some early on separation anxiety, either that or they just love guilting me about leaving for school.

I give Prince and Romeo a treat before leaving, locking the door and shoving the key into my backpack then swinging the heavy bag onto my shoulder, grimacing at the discomfort in my side and begin my walk to school.

The walk to school was honestly one of favourite things about going there, it was kind of therapeutic, gave me time to think about the day ahead, although I never did plan any of the shit that does happen at school. Just like I never planned for Scarlet to turn so psycho so quickly or for one of the art teachers to allegedly have schizophrenia and leave.

Which was a shame because I did really like her and I'm pretty sure I was one of the only students she liked too.

The stares and whispers have almost became routine. Scarlet makes it known she still hasn't forgotten about me and makes sure to shoulder me in the corridor or even try to trip me over in class.

Note the word try, I never have actually fallen over her fat ankles but it was still hard to dodge them in the busy corridors between periods.

But some have taken pity on me, some being Mollie. She smiles at me in the hallways a lot more now and even invited me to one of her parties but that definitely wasn't my scene.

Or maybe it was but I've gotten so used to it not being my place to be, that going to a high school party around here is alien to me.