𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 -  𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘

•••

Once Charlie had managed to clear out the rest of the party goers and made sure those who were staying the night had somewhere to sleep, he joined me on the roof of his house, somewhere we used to spend a lot of time before life got as hectic as it has been lately.

We laid side by side staring up at a cloudless night sky. Charlie's fingers intwined with my own.

It was so peaceful up here.

I remember when Charlie first showed me his spot on the roof, when we were little, sitting up here felt like we were worlds away from real life.

"Did you know Charlie means to be a free man or a warrior?" I say for no reason in particular.

Charlie laughs, "Yes, but thats not why my parents called me Charlie"

"Dead relative?" I ask.

"Nope" He pops the p.

"My dad sold some coke, once, just once" he begins. "But before he sold it he sampled it, you know testing the goods?" He laughs again and although I'm not looking at him, i know he's shaking his head slightly at his dad's antics

"Like father like son" i say quietly with a smile.

"Well anyway, pretty much as soon as he sold it, mum went into labour with me, so obviously when my dad gets there he's off his head and when I'm born, she asks him to name me and so he chose Charlie, which some people use to refer to cocaine" Charlie finishes his story.

"I'm so sorry but thats the worst thing I've ever heard" i laugh so hard I'm almost in tears.

"Imagine being called Charlie because your dads pinging" I laugh even harder and Charlie joins in, finding humour in it too.

Once our laughs sobered up, Charlie asks "so why are you called Nyx?"

"Greek goddess, the personification of the night" i smile, loving the reason why my mom called me what she did.

"She lived in a place of suffering and darkness but is considered the only goddess Zeus is a afraid of"

"Why?"

"Her beauty and power" i answered simply, remembering all the times my mom told me this story.

She was super into greek mythology back in the day.

"Damn, and I just thought you were just a pretty girl with a pretty name"

"Nope, now come on" i say, jumping up and holding my hand out for him to take.

"Where are we going?" Charlie asks as he dusts off the back of his jeans.

"Well I'm cold and still decorated in dried blood so I'd like to shower"

"Can I join?"

"How about no?" I laugh at his attempt, although showering with him doesn't sound too bad.