𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗩𝗢𝗗𝗞𝗔 𝗘𝗬𝗘 𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗦

•••

It had started raining the moment I left the house, but it was only a trickle. You know the type when the airs feels wet from the rain? Theres no actual heavy drops falling, just a light mist. I thought I'd be able to make it to school before it'd start to properly rain. But oh boy was I wrong, the heavens had opened up only five minutes later and I was already late so the option of turning around and grabbing a coat or hoodie was a no.

My shirt was starting to become see-through, clinging to my bra and skin of my stomach and my hair was sticking to my face. I'm positive I resembled a drowned rat, and it was not a good look.

The sound of a car honking caught my attention as it cut through the blaring sound of music from my earphones.

It was charlie and he had pulled over, popping the passenger door open for me to hop in.

"You're a life saver" I smiled at him, whilst pulling off the hair that was stuck to my face. He sent me a heart warming smile as his blue eyes looked even more electrifying than usual.

"Geez, you look like shit"

"Oh wow, thanks" I mutter sarcastically "I feel it too"

"Whats up? Did you get sick? I told you to put a hoodie on the other night"

It was true, when we had got in the car to leave Ihop, I had began violently shaking, were not even the heater in the car could help, I was positive that it was from the sugar and I didn't even feel cold so I refused to put on my hoodie. We didn't get home til four am and Charlie had offered to stay over but I insisted that I was okay for the couple of hours before I had to get up for school.

"No no, I'm fine, it's just I've had literally two hours sleep and haven't slept off my sleeping pills plus they react with my migraine medication so I'm kind of tripping balls right now" I said, leaving out the part of feeling sick but that could honestly be related to what I had just said. I leant back, resting my head on the seat and almost instantly falling asleep, my statement earning a light-hearted chuckle from Charlie.

"Wow, are you sure you want to go to school? I can drop you back off home"

"No it's okay, need to keep my attendance up anyway"

"Okay well just text me if you feel like you need to go and I'll drive you" he offers me a small smile which I had barely seen through my half closed eyelids.

I hadn't even realised we were already parked in the school parking lot.

"Come on munchkin, here, put this on" he tossed me his hoodie from the back seat, for which I was grateful for because my shirt was still transparent and no one was going to see my pale pink bra for free.

Pulling it over my head, I was engulfed with Charlies scent, a scent I thoroughly enjoyed. It was warm and musky with notes of dry cedar and if you paid close enough attention, weed too since he probably smoked it sometime whilst wearing this hoodie.

I liked it. A lot.

Charlie got out the car, walked around and opened the door for me and grabbed my backpack too, causing even more people to stare at us.