𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗘

•••

When mom woke me up at half eleven in the morning, stating i had a visitor, i was fully expecting it to be Charlie, although he normally does just let himself in and sit with my mom until I've woken up, but i assumed this could be important.

I was not prepared to be greeted by my pink haired best friend, Brooklyn.

I squealed like a small child and rushed into her arms, wrapping myself around her like a koala and most likely cutting off her airways.

"What- and i can't stress this enough- the fuck are you doing here" i looked at her, peeling myself out of her embrace.

"Thought I'd come for a visit" she shrugged as if she hasn't travelled for hours, stepping into the seating area of the house, leaving her shoes at the door.

Mom made us both a coffee, and left us be as she tended to the garden.

"Imagine my shock, when i find out via text that you've been best pals with Charlie fucking king and his boys" she raises a questioning brow at me, giving her a sheepish smile in return.

" oh you know, causing chaos, the usual" i smirked.

"Chaos? Chaos?" She reiterated, "Charlie was in a fight and as cliche as it is, you was the only one who could get him to stop" she looked at me bewildered. "That's right, theres a video and I've seen it" she smirked after taking in my shocked face when she brought up the fight.

"Well i may have a little confession" i hold up my thumb and index finger, making a pinching shape to indicate the little part.

Brooklyn gave me a deadpan look, urging me to continue.

"Well, i um, i may have been like, maybe bestfriends with charlie from first grade?" I stuttered through the sentence, it sounded foreign to my own ears and i wouldn't blame her if she needed subtitles.

"You what?"

"I said, i may have been-" she cut me off from continuing. "I heard what you said, but how? Why? When?"

I launched into the story, starting with the incident in first grade, him protecting me throughout school, buying me smoothies, the birthday brownies, out of state trips which i had told her was me visiting family, and finishing with all the events from the past few months.

Including that yesterday's fight was because of Lucas saying some quite crude words about yours truly.

I won't lie, i did feel butterflies in my stomach when he said he was only defending me from, and I quote "the schools very own dumb and dumber"

"So you're telling me, that Charlie king has been your guardian angel all these years?" Brooklyn said, her eyes wide. "Wow, i think I'm a little jealous of your high school Romeo and Juliet love story"

"It is not a love story" i rolled my eyes and crossed my arms at her over exaggeration.

"You'll see" she smirks. "I think you two are perfect for one another, i mean you'd make the cutest babies and you two would just photograph so well together" she gushed, probably already planning Charlie and I's future wedding, that and she has an obsession with cute couples pictures on Pinterest.