𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗧

•••

"How are your grades? Are you struggling in Physics still?" Mom asks, cutting a piece off of her toast with the knife and fork, along with the eggs.

She had today and tomorrow off of work, a rare occurrence and ensured me that tomorrow i could skip school and we would do something together.

"I'm always struggling in physics" i roll my eyes. "My grades are actually doing okay I suppose, they've been worse" i shrug my shoulders, physics was the absolute least of my problems.

After embarrassing myself in front of Charlie by completely breaking down for no apparent reason, it seemed as if he was walking on egg shells around me until we took my dogs for a walk and i shoved him into the lake.

It was the only way i knew to break the ice.

He was asking for it anyway... even if he was super sweet and maybe caring a little too much. As if theres such a thing as caring too much. God he was so sweet, this is why I constantly forget that people cower away from him in the hallways at school, he's never once gave me a reason to even remotely be afraid of him.

Apart from that one time he chased me and Brooklyn on Halloween one night. We were terrified, so much so that I rang him almost in tears, begging him to come over that night so I wouldn't have to be alone once Brooklyn had gone home.

He had the audacity to show up in the same grim reaper costume he chased us in, when I opened the door, I swear my heart fell out of my ass, nearly slipping over as I jumped backwards.

"That's good, you're doing better than your dad and i was at your age" she chuckled, a far away look in her eyes.

"Well that's not very hard" i snort as mom shoots me an amusing glare before laughing with me.

There was a honk from outside the house "oh i think thats Charlie, i should go" i say, scraping back the chair and grabbing my backpack.

"Here take him this" she passes me a brown paper bag " i made him his favourites" she smiles sweetly, She loved him more than she does me, i swear.

"Brownies and a BLT?" I ask, smiling at her kindness.

"Obviously, now go" she shoos me out the front door, waving me off before waving at Charlie.

"Here" i shove the bag into his hands after i slam the car door shut.

"Your moms the best" he looks into the bag with a grin on his face.

"She's definitely up there" i click in my seatbelt.

"It's getting colder, you know? Here" he stuffs his black jumper into my arms and i shrug it on for no other reason than to appease him, that and the way he smelt was to die for, it was like that cliche smoke mixed with the aftershave he uses and yes, i loved it.

"Are you excited for school?" He asks, as if thats a valid question.

"Thats a stupid fucking question" i laugh at him, bringing my knees up to my chest.

Charlies hand instantly goes to my knee, his thumb rubbing soothingly on my skin.

•••